- September 12, 2018
- Posted by: Study Help
- Category: Student Competitions
Australian Government Department of Agriculture and Water Resources is delighted to announce the 2019 Science and Innovation Awards to recognize big ideas to build the success of Australian agriculture, fisheries, and forestry.
These Awards encourage young scientists, researchers, innovators and others active in the agriculture sector who have an original project that will contribute to the ongoing success and sustainability of Australia’s agricultural, fisheries and forestry industries.
The Science Awards program aims to encourage science, innovation, and technology in rural industries and help to advance the careers of young scientists, researchers, and innovators through national recognition of their research ideas.
Australia’s young agricultural scientists, innovators, and researchers are being invited to submit their agricultural research project ideas for a chance to share in up to $286,000 in grant funding.
Who May Eligible:
To eligible, the candidates must be following all the eligibility criteria:
- Applications are open to young people between 18 and 35 years of age, who are working, employed or studying in agriculture, fisheries or forestry-related
- To be eligible, applicants must:
- Be between the ages of 18 and 35 (inclusive) on Friday 12 October 2018.
- Be Australian citizens or permanent residents (proof required) by the closing date.
- Be working, employed or studying in agriculture, fisheries or forestry-related industry (including food and sustainable natural resource management). Proof such as a letter of employment, scholarship or pay slip may be requested.
How to Apply & Competitions Rules:
To participate, applicants can download the application form from www.grants.gov.au and search for GO1592, or by contacting the Science Awards team at email@example.com.
Note: Applicants should ensure that all parts of the application form are completed and signed prior to lodgement.
- Applications must be submitted to Science Awards at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Science Awards program is a competitive merit-based There are two components of the Awards:
- Industry Awards and
- Minister for Agriculture and Water Resources’ Award.
- An applicant is ineligible if they are:
- Employed by a sponsoring organization in the award category they are applying for.
- Have an immediate family member (a sibling or parent) who is employed by a sponsoring organization in their selected award category.
- Employed by a Non-Corporate Commonwealth entity.
- Applicants may submit more than one application in the same round in more than one Award category.
- Each application must be submitted separately and be specific to each category.
- Applicants can apply in more than one category but only one Award per applicant will be made. The relevant judging panels will be advised if an applicant has applied for more than one category.
- Not be employed by a sponsoring organization in the award category they are applying for, and not have an immediate family member (e.g. a sibling or parent) who is employed by a sponsoring organization in their selected award category.
- Not be employed by an Australian Government agency classified as a Non-Corporate Commonwealth Entity under the Public Governance, Performance and Accountability Act 2013.
- 13 industry award categories are available in the 2019 round – cotton, dairy, eggs and poultry (layers), established, new and emerging rural industries, fisheries and aquaculture, forest and wood products, grains, health and biosecurity, meat and livestock, pork, red meat processing, viticulture and oenology, and wool.
- If you’re 18-35, this is your chance to apply for a grant of up to $22,000 to fund your project on an innovative or emerging scientific issue that will benefit Australia’s primary industries.
- Industry category Science Awards: There is one Science Award grant available in each industry category and the maximum grant amount is $22,000 Inc GST.
- Minister for Agriculture and Water Resources’ Award: One individual industry category Science Award recipient will also receive the Minister for Agriculture and Water Resources Award, with additional funding to undertake an extended research project.
Applications close 5 pm AEDT Friday 12 October 2018.
Need advice? Contact the Science Awards team by email to Science Awards at email@example.com or phone 02 6272 2260.