SchoolHouse Connection is assisting youths who have experienced homelessness through its Youth Leadership and Scholarship Program. The awards are open for the high school students entering college for the first time during the fall of the 2021-2022 school year.
The organization believes that education is the only permanent solution to homelessness with this vision they organized the grant to help needy applicants. The recipients will get adequate support to complete their further higher and quality studies.
SchoolHouse Connection holds its name as a national non-profit organization working to overcome homelessness through education. It provides strategic advocacy and practical assistance in partnership with early childhood programs, schools, institutions of higher education, service providers, families, and youth.
Who May Eligible?
Students with the below requirements will only be considered for the program:
- Candidates must have been born on or after Oct. 1, 2000.
- Must be entering college for the first time during the fall of the 2021-2022 school year.
- Must be high school seniors in the fall of 2020; for those who are in GED programs; and for those who plan to take a gap year.
- Must have experienced homelessness in the last six years.
- Must reside in the United States.
- Undocumented students who meet the criteria are also eligible.
How to Apply
The SchoolHouse Connection is receiving applications for the program electronically through an online application form. Students are asked to complete the form with including the mentioned documents in order to be applicable.
- Must provide a transcript
- A personal essay
- one letter of recommendation
The organization is distributing the below awards to the deserving winners:
- $2,000 scholarship award.
- A minimum of 10 scholarships is awarded.
- A trip to a national awards ceremony (travel and expenses included).
- Second gathering in Washington, DC, one year after the initial scholarship award (all expenses included).
Applicants are free to apply for the scholarship by October 1, 2020, at 11:59 PM PST.