Schack Art Center has brought Black & White Photography Contest for all Snohomish County High School students (grades 9-12). All the high school students who have a love or interest in photography are welcome to enter the following contest and a way to receive some exciting awards. This is your chance to test your photography skills and earn your way to become the winner of the contest. The interested individuals are required to apply for the scholarship by submitting the application form given on the scholarship portal. The participants will be able to upload their photographs in the same form. The deadline for the application submission is March 11, 2022.
Participants are required to complete their entry by delivering their “exhibit ready” photograph with the entry form taped to the back Friday, March 18, 2-5 PM, or March 19, 10 AM-2 PM to the Schack Art Center, 2921 Hoyt Ave., Everett. The photographs submitted by the participants will be judged based on originality, technical skill, and the emergence of a personal voice or vision. Entries will be adjudicated, and certificates awarded in the following categories: Grand Prize-$70 gift card to Ken’s Cameras, 1st place$35 gift card to Ken’s Cameras, 2nd place$30 gift card to Ken’s Cameras, and 3rd place- $25 gift card Ken’s Cameras.
Schack Art Center is an admission-free visual art centre in downtown Everett, WA. Their exhibit galleries are open six days a week and feature diverse artwork from locally and internationally known artists, as well as emerging young talents. From the main gallery, visitors are able to watch professional glassblowers at work in their state-of-the-art hot shop while admiring the current exhibit.
Table of Contents
Following is the brief description of the following scholarship:
|Organization||Schack Art Center|
|Education Level||grades 9-12|
|Number of Awards||4|
|Contest Deadline||March 11, 2022|
|Application Fees||Not required|
Who is Eligible?
This contest is open to all Snohomish County High School students, grades 9-12.
How to Apply?
The interested individuals are required to do the following to enter the following contest:
- Start your entry by completing the form given on the scholarship portal. You will be able to upload your photograph in the form. Complete this form by March 11, 2022.
- Complete your entry by delivering your “exhibit ready” photograph with the entry form given taped to the back Friday, March 18, 2-5 PM, or March 19, 10 AM-2 PM to the Schack Art Center, 2921 Hoyt Ave., Everett
- Pick up your photograph from the Schack on May 5, 10 AM- 5 PM
Following rules must be kept in mind while submitting your entry:
- 1 Black & White photograph may be submitted per student. Or 25 per teacher if the teacher is submitting for the students.
- No color photos will be accepted.
- Photographs must be “exhibit ready” when dropped off at the Schack-see instructions below.
- All photographs are to be mounted on a rigid board for backing reinforcement and matted, up to 11” x 14” inches. Matting should be adequately secured to the backing so as not to come apart when hanging.
- Only white, off-white, or black matting may be used.
- Affix the entry form to the back of your entry before you drop it off at the Schack.
- No framed work will be accepted.
- Put an ↑ on the back indicating the top of the picture.
- If entered in a sleeve, the picture may be taken out when the exhibit is hung.
- Do not attach any hanging hardware to the back of your entry.
Photographs will be judged based on originality, technical skill, and the emergence of a personal voice or vision. Entries will be adjudicated, and certificates awarded in the following categories:
- Grand Prize-$70 gift card to Ken’s Cameras
- 1st place $35 gift card to Ken’s Cameras
- 2nd place $30 gift card to Ken’s Cameras
- 3rd place- $25 gift card Ken’s Cameras
The deadline for the application submission for the following contest is March 11, 2022. No applications will be considered after this date.