Are you looking forward to applying for a golf scholarship? Then, here’s an opportunity to join the Sara Scholarship and win enormous fund for your college. The program is administrated and funded by the Henry & Sara Sheehan Foundation.
The award is introduced for the high school seniors females intended to graduate at the end of the school year. The applicants must plan to enrol at an accredited college or university within the United States and engaged in golf.
The Henry & Sara Sheehan Foundation is a nonprofit Tax Code Designation organization. Its purpose includes religious, educational, charitable, scientific, literary, testing for public safety, fostering national or international amateur sports competition.
Who May Eligible?
Applicants need to qualify the entire criteria to get considered:
- Must identify as a female
- Must be high school seniors to graduate at the end of the school year
- Must plan to enrol at an accredited college or university in the United States
- Must have a minimum cumulative unweighted GPA of 3.3 on a 4.0 scale
- Must demonstrate financial need
- Must demonstrate excellent character and active involvement with the sport of golf.
- Skill in playing golf is not a criterion
How to Apply
Interested candidates can download a Pdf scholarship form. The application is to be filled and mailed to The Sara Scholarship The Henry & Sara Sheehan Foundation 310 N. Kensington Ave. LaGrange Park, IL. 60526.
- Copy of official high school transcript stating Fall semester grades from senior year
- A personal essay describing yourself, why you want to go to college, and what your goals are at this time. Please limit this essay to no more than two pages.
- Copy of applicant’s Student Aid Report (SAR), including the Expected Family Contribution (EFC)
- One letter of recommendation from a high school teacher, counsellor or administrator such as a principal. As an alternative, a letter of recommendation from a local business or professional person is acceptable.
The Sara Scholarships includes a minimum of 11 scholarships of amount $2,000 each. The award is also renewal throughout the applicant’s undergraduate college career up to four years, for a total amount of $8000.
The application should be mailed to the organization by 30th April 2020.