The SAME Dallas is featuring two types of 2020 SAME Dallas Post Scholarships as the College Undergraduate Scholarship and High School Scholarship.
The Society of American Military Engineers was founded in 1920, uniting private and public sector organizations and individuals from across the architecture, construction, engineering, facility management, environmental, contracting and acquisition fields and disciplines in support of the United States’ national security.
Who May Eligible
Students who are interested in this scholarship must review the criteria for applying:
- Candidates must be a U.S citizen
- Financial need will be considered
For College Undergraduate Scholarship:
- Students need to be pursuing an undergraduate degree in engineering, science curriculum or architecture.
- The students should have a grade point average of 3.0 or higher
- Students who have attended high school in the North Texas Region (Member counties of North Texas Council of Governments) or attended high school in an area with a SAME Post that also considers students from the North Texas region.
For High School Scholarship:
- Must be eligible for admission to an accredited Educational Institution of the United States
- Must intend to pursue a degree in engineering, architecture, or science curriculum, such as computer science, physics, environmental science, biology, chemistry, geology, etc.
- Must be a resident of the North Texas Region or Member counties of North Texas Council of Governments or resident of an area with a SAME Post that also considers students from the North Texas region.
- Participation or Interest in the ROTC program but is not mandatory
How to Apply
For both the scholarships, applicants are required to fill out their details through the pdf form with the required correspondence and send the printed form to SAME Scholarship Applications ATTN: Ben Matthews, PE 609 Seeport Drive Allen, TX 75013
- The letters of recommendation must display the applicant’s background, level of participation and achievements, leadership abilities and community involvement.
- Must provide a copy of the transcript
- Students are obligatory to submit proof of enrollment in an accredited Educational Institution of the United States.
- Must provide an essay on one of the following topics given below with only one typed page:
- How higher education and national security infrastructure challenges are related.
- How we can make our communities more resilient to absorb, recover and adapt to natural and human-made threats.
- Explain the role of a leader and where you served as a leader and the contributions that you made.
- For College Undergraduate Scholarship: Must provide two letters of recommendation not exceeding one page and written by one of the professors, counsellor, or ROTC commander and the other from another individual but non-relative acquainted with you.
- For High School Scholarship: Must provide two letters of recommendation not exceeding one page and written by one of the teachers, principal, coach or guidance counsellor and the other from another individual but non-relative acquainted with you
The ideal candidates will attain the below-mentioned benefits:
- The College Undergraduate Scholarship includes an award amount of $2,500 for one year.
- The High School Scholarship includes an award amount of $2,500 granted 50% /Year for Two Years.
The applications for both the scholarships are open until May 08, 2020.