The Poetry Foundation is overwhelmed to announce its Ruth Lilly and Dorothy Sargent Rosenberg Poetry Fellowships. The award is open for applicants residing within the United States or U.S citizens.
The grant’s recipient will get hands full of financial aids to support their higher education. The amount is adequate enough to pay for the expenses related to building their poetry career and goals.
The Poetry Foundation is the publisher of Poetry magazine. It is an independent literary organization committed to a vigorous presence for poetry in our culture. It seeks to be a leader in shaping a receptive climate for poetry.
Who May Eligible?
The below eligibility requirements are to be fulfilled by every interested student to get qualified:
- Must reside in the U.S. or be U.S. citizens.
- Must be at least 21 years of age and no older than 31 years of age as of April 30, 2020.
How to Apply
The submission is to be made by the website provided by the organization. The total application materials must be uploaded with the submission.
- Must submit the application materials as a single file in the form of pdf, doc, Docx, txt, rtf, wpf
- An approximately 250-word introduction to your work which should not exceed one page.
- Must provide ten pages of poems that may include multiple poems on one page, but the total pages of poems must not be more than ten.
- Publication list stating which poems included in your packet has already been published in journals or books. (Optional. If including it, please do so as the last page of the document.)
- Name the document as [LAST NAME]_[FIRST NAME].doc (example: Doe_John.doc)
Poetry Foundation is distributing a total of five fellowships of amount $25,800 each. It will be awarded to young poets within the U.S.
The complete application must be submitted by 11:59 pm (Central Standard Time) on April 30, 2020