Do you know about the Rural Voices Youth Contest? The North Central Regional Planning Commission is eagerly announcing its 2020-2021 Rural Voices Youth Contest. The contest is open to any senior in high school who lives in and/or attends a public or private high school whose district falls within the 12-county NCPRC service. The area including the counties of Clay, Cloud, Dickinson, Ellsworth, Jewell, Lincoln, Marshall, Mitchell, Ottawa, Republic, Saline, and Washington are also eligible. Home school students in this same area may also enter.
The contest was created to engage the youth of North Central Kansas in thoughtful reflection on rural Kansas and to promote a discussion among citizens based on their insights. More than $24,000 has been awarded to high school seniors from around the region since the contest began in 2006. It encourages the youth to make most of the education and contribute the society with their knowledge. It motivates them to give attention to different issues of society.
The North Central Regional Planning Commission (NCRPC) is committed to advancing rural Kansas through comprehensive planning and development services. They provide multiple services to their core planning area in North Central Kansas in addition to contracted administration of various programs for state agencies across Kansas. They have helped members access millions in funding for a variety of projects having an impact in North Central Kansas and beyond. It has introduced different valuable programs to make education affordable for students.
Take a look at a table given to get some details about this contest:
|Educational Level||High school students|
|Amount||$850 and other benefits|
|Access Mode||Online or Offline|
|Number of Awards||Two|
|Nationality||Domestic and International|
|Application Deadline||December 1, 2020|
|Requirement||Application, Essay, Video|
Who May Be Eligible?
If you are interested in this contest, then take a look at the requirements below:
- Any senior in high school who lives in and/or attends a public or private high school whose district falls within the 12-county NCPRC service area including the counties of Clay, Cloud, Dickinson, Ellsworth, Jewell, Lincoln, Marshall, Mitchell, Ottawa, Republic, Saline and Washington is eligible.
- Home school students in this same area may also enter.
- A student is eligible to enter if any portion of their school district’s official boundaries falls within the 12-county NCRPC service area.
- NCRPC employees and their immediate family members should not participate.
How to Apply
Only the eligible students are welcome to apply for this contest. Candidates need to first register using the individual registration form. All the required details and the materials should be submitted through the same form. The form should be emailed to email@example.com or mailed to North Central Regional Planning Commission, PO Box 565, Beloit, KS 67420. All the other materials should be provided according to the guidelines before the deadline.
- The entry of 1000 words on the given theme should be submitted by the candidate.
- Fellows should provide a video of a minimum of three and a maximum of 5 minutes on the theme.
A one-time cash award of $850 will be made to the top two entries. Winning entries will be published on the North Central Regional Planning Commission website. Winners will be recognized with the John R. Cyr Rural Voices Award. Candidates will get recognition and appreciation for their excellent submissions. This contest motivates candidates to do better in their careers.
Applications should be submitted before December 1, 2020.