CBC (China Building Centre) is delighted to announce RUNWAY PARK International Competition for Young Designers. The competition is open to young designers, artists, teachers, and students (all of whose age is required below 40-year-old).
Interpretation “Nanjing Dajiaochang Airport Renewal Plan – RUNWAY PARK International Design Competition for Young Designers” is an exploration to improve the quality of public space and a journey to search the design originality and artistic creativity.
Table of Contents
Who May Eligible:
To eligible, the candidates must be following all the eligibility criteria:
- This competition is a global call open to young designers, artists, teachers, and students.
- All of whose age is required below 40-year-old) majoring in urban planning, architecture design, landscape design, and art design in form of individual or group participation.
- Each group should have one 1 team leader and no more than 5 members together.
How to Apply & Competition Rules:
To win the competition you need to do register through the given link:
Note: All participants are required to submit digital files (including drawings and related documents) to the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org and name it as “Submission + Title of Work”
- Design Principle
- The design must be original
- The design should be both creative and interesting, combined with the history, culture and natural environment of Nanjing South New Town.
- The proposal should remark the material, construction form, and technique (or crafts), as well as the suggestions for its operation and usage in the future.
- The proposal should fully consider different needs of a diverse group of people and provide urban space to suit activities of Nanjing citizens and tourists
- Design Categories
- Categories of the design vary from landscape furniture, urban installation, lightening device design (on the runway or the public space on both sides) to urban signage system, participants could design a single work or a series of work based on the runway park as the site.
- The work in a series should be the one guided by a theme, while irrelevant and repeated pieces are not encouraged.
- The competition committee does not accept any hard copy.
- All design panels will be printed in a unified format for jury review.
- Individual participants and groups shall agree with and follow the competition requirements and regulations. The organizing committee reserves its right of final interpretation.
- Entries with words or pictures relating to the name or department of participants in the digital drawings will be disqualified from the competition.
- All entries are accepted (while including author’s name) with the explicit free right of publication, reproduction, and promotional use by competition organizers and sponsors without a need for further approvals.
- Entries should not be accepted once published under others’ name or in other competitions. Once known, all qualifications will be canceled.
- Juries cannot act as advisers to participants; otherwise, participants will be disqualified from the competition.
- English and Chinese are official languages of this competition.
- The title and brief of the project should be in English.
- Participants from China are required to provide bi-lingual drawings while international groups provide English ones.
- Scale and dimensions: Participants must adopt the Metric System.
- Submission List:
- The layout of the 841mm x 594mm drawing panel should be horizontal.
- Each design project should be composed of 3 independent drawing panels that can fully demonstrate the design intention, such as master plan, rendering, plan, elevation and section, detailed drawing of key joints, and analysis diagram with a 500-word project description integrated together.
- The way to show the design content and design scale depends on the participants.
- Drawings of projects that have physical models could be attached with photos.
- Appended materials (Design Texts, videos, models etc.) can be submitted as auxiliary instructions of the design.
- Recognizable scanned copy of Passports and student card (of all team members if it is group registered) should be attached in the submission e-mail.
- Students themselves are responsible for the validity of all the documents.
A TXT document named after participant(s)’ name(s) must be attached in the e-mails of the submission, which includes participants’ name, e-mail address, mobile phone number, name and contact information of the adviser (if any), the full name of the school and department, title and brief introduction of the submitted work.
- “The Declaration of Original Work” should be downloaded from the official website, and signed, scanned and submitted together with the project.
- Entry Requirements
- Submit the drawing layout (300 dpi, the long side is required to be more than 1500 pixels) in the version of jpg. and name the presentation board according to the content (such as XXX plan 1)
- Submit the text information in TXT format in the folder named by the participant(s)’ name(s) ．
- First Prize (1 team): Honor certificate + Bonus 100,000RMB (before tax, around 15,000USD)
- Second Prize (4 teams): Honor certificate + Bonus 30,000RMB (before tax, around 4,500USD)
- Third Prize (10 teams): Honor certificate + Bonus 10,000RMB (before tax, around 1,500USD)
- Honorable Mentions (several teams): Honor certificate
The registration deadline is November 15, 2018.
Email your questions about the competition to email@example.com