The Royal Society of Biology is pleased to organize its annual photography competition. Through the competition, they are inviting amateurs to submit three photographs on a particular theme ‘Patterns in nature’.
The competition is open to anyone who is under 18 years of age at the time of the application. Entrants can enter either the Photographer of the Year category or the Young Photographer of the Year category.
Who May Eligible:
To eligible, the candidates must be following all the eligibility criteria:
- Entrants to the Young Photographer of the Year category must be under 18 years of age at the time of the closing date (31st July 2018).
- The competition is free to enter and is open to Society members and non-members. Entrants must not be professional photographers.
- Anyone except those involved in its organization, employees of the Society and their immediate family, sponsors of the competition, judges and their immediate family, are except to apply.
- Individuals who have entered the RSB Photography Competition in a previous year can enter again in 2018, however, must declare in which year they had previously taken part and whether they had received an award.
How to Apply & Competitions Rules:
To participate, the applicants need to register and submit 3 images online through the given link: https://www.rsb.org.uk/get-involved/rsb-competitions/photography-competition/photography-competition
Competition Theme: ‘Patterns in nature’ is the theme of this year’s competition. Life on Earth encompasses a myriad of regular forms, sequences, and structures and we invite you to capture these details of biology.
- Entries must be digital images or scans of transparencies.
- Each entrant may submit a maximum of three images to the competition.
- Images should be submitted as high-resolution JPEGs or PNG files no larger than 10 MB. Please keep copies of all your original and resized images safe. If you are successful in being shortlisted, we will request your original file for further judging and reproduction purposes. If the original file is not received, the image may be disqualified from the competition.
- There are no restrictions on the type of camera used but it should be noted that part of the judging criteria will be technical excellence and it is therefore recommended that you use the highest possible quality setting on your camera. The original file should be as large as you can achieve with your equipment.
- Prior to submission, entrants must not have offered any of their entries for sale, been paid for any publication of their entries, or won or been runner-up in any other photographic competition with any of their entries.
- At the time of submission, entrants must declare to the Organizer whether they have entered their images in any other photographic competition. Such submissions will be accepted for entry into the RSB Photography Competition at the judges’ discretion.
- For the purposes of this competition, a professional photographer will be considered to be someone who makes more than half their annual income from photography-related work.
There are two categories in the competition, each with a cash prize:
- Photographer of the Year (18 and over) – £1,000 top prize
- Young Photographer of the Year (under 18) – £500 top prize
The competition will close for entries on 31st July 2018. Shortlisted entries will be announced in September 2018, and the winning entries announced in October 2018.
If you have any queries regarding the competition, contact Raghav Selvam at firstname.lastname@example.org.