Welcome to the EHHA European Private Heritage Photographer of the Year 2018. Applications are now accepting for the Royal Photographic Society European Historic Houses Photographic Competition.
The Heritage Photographer of the Year competition is open to everyone from anywhere in the world, including members of the organizations. The competition is organized by the European Historic Houses Association and The Royal Photographic Society.
Photographers of all ages and all levels of ability are invited to help them to capture the unique essence of our shared European heritage, by taking stunning images of their members’ historic private houses, castles, gardens, parks, and estates.
Who May Eligible:
- Anyone can enter, and they encourage entries from anywhere in the world.
- The competition is open to everyone, including members of the European Historic Houses Association, its Affiliated Member Organisations and The Royal Photographic Society (RPS) except those directly involved in running the competition.
- Entrants must enter the correct age category. The Organisers will verify the ages of those aged 16 and under and selected.
How to Apply & Competitions Rules:
To participate in the competition, applicants need to do register through the given link: http://heritagephotos.eu/account/register/
- You may enter up to 5 single images.
- Images must be the sole work of the entrant.
- All submissions will be removed where any single image is found to be the work of another photographer.
- Entrants aged 16 years and under on the last date of the competition, being 30 September 2018, should obtain their parents/guardian permission before submitting images.
- Digital manipulation such as brightness, contrast, levels, color balance, minor sharpening may only be used to optimize the image; other than cropping or dust spots elements may not be removed or added; digital techniques such as focus stacking or HDR are not permitted.
- Multiple exposures ‘in camera’ are permitted. Images that appear over-manipulated or distort the integrity of the subject will be excluded.
- Entries may be made using a camera, Smartphone or tablet, digitally or using film. In all cases, files (or scans in the case of images on film) must be uploaded to the website. No print submissions or negatives will be accepted.
- Images that have won a prize in another competition before the competition closing date will not be eligible for a prize.
- Images should have been taken within the past three years.
- The Organizers may exclude any images which, in The Organizer’s opinion, are likely to cause offense.
- Winning and selected entrants must be able to supply high-resolution files for printing within a reasonable period. Where this is not possible the image(s) will be excluded and no award made.
- Winning and selected entries will be exhibited to the public in multiple locations and in multiple jurisdictions.
- Prizes will be specified on the competition website and the Organizers reserve the right to change these. Any changes will be posted on the website.
- Prizes are not transferable and no alternative will be provided.
- National Associations may award prizes for the images taken in their country and correctly tagged with the correct tag.
The competition will close to entries at 23:59 GMT on September 30, 2018.