Civil engineering students are cordially invited by the Roy Jorgensen Associates for its Roy E. Jorgensen Memorial Scholarship. The interested candidates also need to be enrolled as an undergraduate senior or graduate student at an accredited engineering university within the United States.
The program is conducted in the memory of Roy Jorgensen, who was a degreed civil engineer graduate of the University of California. The grant aims to support and motivate scholars to complete their higher education without facing any difficulties related to financial hurdles.
Roy Jorgensen Associates, Inc. works as a privately owned company headquartered near Washington, D.C. with ongoing maintenance clients throughout the United States. It’s the first firm to specialize in facilities and highway assets maintenance and has developed many of the maintenance contract, management, and organization practices.
Table of Contents
Who May Eligible?
Candidates with the below-mentioned requirements will be considered for the scholarship program:
- Applicants must be a civil engineering student
- Students must be enrolled as an undergraduate senior or graduate student at an accredited engineering university in the United States.
- Applicants must be a citizen of the United States
How to Apply
Eligible students may download a pdf application form and fill it completely, including the below-mentioned documents. The form is to be typed and printed and mailed to Roy E. Jorgensen Foundation, Inc. P.O. Box 70 3735 Buckeystown Pike Buckeystown, MD 21717 Attention: JSJ for getting consideration.
- Must write a 1000 words or less statement expressing your career goals and objectives in your chosen field and relate them to the challenges of the future.
- Describe your related work experience and explain in what ways it has advanced your career goals.
- Attach the written statement to the application form.
- List the names and addresses of three personal references.
- At least two of them must be from academic sources who have written letters of recommendation for you.
- These letters should accompany your completed application package.
- University Academic Transcripts
The Roy E. Jorgensen Memorial Scholarship will be rewarded to an undergraduate college senior or graduate student towards their expenses related to the school of engineering. The award is made annually for $15,000 to a qualified college senior or graduate student.
All applications will be accepted until the deadline that is July 31st, 2020.