Rover.com is the world’s largest network of 5-star pet sitters and dog walkers. The organization was founded in 2011 on the belief that everyone should have the opportunity to experience the unconditional love of the dog. Since 2011, they are serving as a resource for various kinds of pet services such as dog boarding, house sitting, drop-in visits, doggy daycare, dog walking, pet grooming. They help in connecting pet parents with the most loving and trustworthy pet sitters and dog walkers. They work on improving and simplifying life for pet parents and the dogs they love.
Here, Rover.com is offering a Rover Scholarship program for the students who are pet lovers to share their unique and creative answers on the given topic and win a chance to receive an exciting award. The candidates will have to write on “how did growing up with a pet in your life (could be friend’s or family member’s) impact the person you are today?” And submit their answers as per the instructions. The purpose of the scholarship is to encourage students to share their stories and opinions on how much their pets mean to them. This can be a great chance for you to dedicate your essay to your pet and express your eternal love for him.
The scholarship is open to students who are either high school seniors, or currently a freshman, sophomore, or junior in college in pursuit of an associate’s degree, bachelor’s degree, or master’s degree. Also, you must be a legal resident of the united states. Candidates related to anyone on the rover staff are not eligible to apply. However, if you are related to someone who is a pet sitter or a dog walker on the rover, you can apply for the scholarship. The scholarship will be awarded to one final winner who will receive the one-time scholarship amount of $2,500. The deadline for the submission is May 31, 2021.
Here is a brief description for you concerning the following scholarship:
|Educational Level||High school senior or currently a freshman, sophomore, or junior in college|
|Number of Awards||1|
|Contest Deadline||May 1, 2022|
|Application Fees||Not required|
Who is Eligible?
Following are the eligibility requirements that need to be satisfied for participating in the following scholarship contest:
- You need to be a resident of the United States.
- You must be a graduating high school senior or currently a freshman, sophomore, or junior in college in pursuit of an associate’s degree, bachelor’s degree, or master’s degree. We reserve the right to verify the date of high school graduation and/or university enrollment.
- If you’re a graduating high school senior, your GPA must be 3.0 or above.
- If you’re in college, your GPA must be 3.0 or above. If you’re in graduate school, you must either have a 3.0 GPA or above or a “Pass” in a Pass/Fail grading system.
- You can’t be related to anyone on the Rover staff, but you can be related to someone who’s a pet sitter or dog walker on Rover.
How to Apply?
The interested individuals are required to fill out the application form provided on the scholarship portal and submit it. Additionally, the candidate is required to write an answer to the following scholarship question in 400 – 500 words (response must be written in English):
How did growing up with a pet in your life (could be a friend’s or family member’s) impact the person you are today?
Put your answer in a Google doc, with your name and year in college at the top (high school seniors allowed).
All the submitted essays will be reviewed and judged based on the following criteria:
- 50% = Thoughtfulness of response
- 30% = Relevance to prompt
- 15% = Quality of composition
- 5% = Grammatical accuracy
Out of all, the most deserving candidate will be chosen and be announced as the winner. The winner will be awarded a one-time scholarship amount of $2,500.
The deadline for application submission for the following scholarship is May 31, 2022. No applications will be considered after the deadline.