Rosen & Ohr, P.A. is a personal injury law firm presenting 2019 Annual Essay Contest. This contest is open for students who have suffered injuries due to an accident or who have been impacted personally by a loved one’s accident.
Rosen & Ohr is pleased to offer a $1,000 scholarship opportunity to the top applicant. Scholarship recipient is responsible for any and all applicable taxes on their winnings.
Who May Eligible:
To be considered for the Explore the World Travel scholarship, candidates must:
- Be 18 – 30 years of age at the time of application
- Be a US citizen or permanent resident (possess Green Card)
- Have a strong desire and motivation to experience other people and cultures through international travel.
- Employees and relatives of HI USA and its licensed facilities are ineligible to receive an Explore the World Travel Scholarship.
How to Apply & Competitions Rules:
To participate in the competition, Applicants need to do register through the given link: https://www.tfaforms.com/4608949
As a scholarship recipient, the candidate agrees to the following:
- Travel outside the USA for at least one week (7 days).
- Complete travel between May 15, 2019, and August 31, 2020.
- Use the online scholarship management application to submit required documentation and request funds.
- By April 26, 2019, provide required documentation indicating official acceptance of the award. Documentation includes contract, release, W-9, ID, location verification, financial need verification, photo, and bio. Funds requests will open on May 5, 2019, after verification of submitted documents.
- At least 30 days prior to travel, complete a pre-travel survey, and submit required documentation with the pre-travel fund’s request for the first $1000 installment of funds. Processing can take up to 21 days. Documentation includes a statement of intent to travel and proof of international health insurance.
- During travel, post at least three photos and/or status updates to Instagram and/or Twitter using the hashtag #exploretheworld and @HIUSA.
- Within 30 days of return, provide a report of your travels as per HI USA guidelines, complete the post-travel survey and submit at least three additional photos with the post-travel funds request for the second installment of $1000. Processing may take up to 21 days.
- Failure to complete the Program Requirements by the specified deadlines can result in forfeiture of the award.
Awards will be split into two payments: an initial $1,000 payment prior to departure and the remaining $1,000 after return. Both installments require completion of program requirements. For this reason, it is important that applicants plan their trip funding accordingly.
The deadline for submitting the Explore the World Scholarship is March 2, 2019.