The Fondazione 1563 per l’Arte e la Cultura (Foundation) has launched a call for proposals to award fellowships on the Age and the Culture of Baroque. Research proposals for the 2018 call will need to pertain to the following theme: Landscape and nature (1680-1750).
The Rosaria Cigliano Fellowship Program is available for young Italian and foreign scholars who aged 35 years old and younger and holding a university or master’s degree, or other equivalent degrees, issued by an Italian or equivalent foreign University.
The program aims to promote innovative research in this area of humanities and to support career opportunities for young scholars in academic and cultural institutions.
Who May Eligible:
To eligible, the candidates must be following all the eligibility criteria:
- The competition is open to researchers born after 1st January 1983 holding a university or master’s degree, or other equivalent degrees, issued by an Italian or equivalent foreign University.
- Priority will be given to applicants holding a Ph.D. or equivalent from an Italian or foreign university.
- The competition’s relevant disciplines that may be approached also from a multi-disciplinary and cross-disciplinary standpoint are:
- Social and demographic history
- Political history
- History of economics and history of economic thought
- History of science and technology
- History of literature
- History of philosophy
- History of music
- History of theater
- Art history
- History of architecture
- Military history.
How to Apply & Competitions Rules:
To participate, the applicants must submit an application online form through the given link: http://www.fondazione1563.it/chi-siamo/borse-studi-umanistici/procedure-in-corso/borse-di-alti-studi-2018/application-form-bando-2018/
- Each of the 5 Fellowships will consist of an annual grant amounting to € 23,000 before tax and other charges.
- The annual grant will be paid out in three installments:
- The first, amounting to 40% of the total, when the fellowship is awarded; –
- The second, amounting to 30% of the total, upon submission and evaluation of the half-year report;
- The third, amounting to 30% of the total, upon conclusion of the research project and evaluation thereof.
- Refunds of documented travel and accommodation expenses related to the Fellowship project are envisaged for up to € 1,500 per year and must be authorized in advance by the Foundation (“mission procedure”) on a proposal by the tutor.
The application deadline is 22 July 2018, 24:00 (CEST)