Applications are available for the Roberto G. Sánchez Scholarship open for the Hispanic/Latino students enrolled at UW-Madison. The program is a fantastic initiative taken by the University of Wisconsin Madison to support students.
The purpose of the award is to provide adequate funds to students for their higher and quality educations. The rewarded grants by the university help a large number of scholars to attain their dreams and goals.
The University of Wisconsin Madison is a public research university in Madison, Wisconsin. It became a land-grant institution in 1866 and had academic programs including 136 undergraduate majors, 148 master’s degree programs, and 120 doctoral programs.
Who May Eligible?
To eligible, the students must be following the eligibility criteria:
- Must be Hispanic/Latino students attending UW-Madison
- There is a strong preference to award this scholarship to transfer students who have completed two years at a two-year college system. There is also a preference for Sánchez scholars from Madison College or MMSD.
How to Apply
The eligible candidates can apply for the scholarship and provide their credentials by signing in with their campus NetID and password.
- Must upload a record/resume of your employment, community service, activities, and leadership of not more than 1 page as an MS Word document or a PDF
- Must explain how this scholarship will help you to attend UW-Madison. Describe your current financial situation. (Sanchez)
- One recommendation letter with your application. However, up to two recommendations can be submitted on your behalf.
- Please remember to enter the email address and name of your recommender(s) and submit the request in the Recommendation Section.
The Roberto G. Sánchez Scholarship includes an award amount up to $10,000 for the talented scholar. The recipient is advised to utilize the amount for his/her educational purposes.
The application deadline to complete your scholarship form is 22nd June 2020.