To promote and support collegiate education in the field of ornamental horticulture, floriculture, greenhouse growing, interior landscaping, and related studies, Montgomery County Farm Bureau administers a wonderful funding program. Under Robert & Shirley Mangum Memorial Scholarship, students are granted a $2,000 award for further education in the required area. This financial support is available to those students who have demonstrated character and genuine interest in pursuing an education and eventual career in the Maryland horticultural industry.
To avail of this funding opportunity, you need to be an undergraduate or graduate student living in Maryland. In addition to this, you should be enrolled or plans to attend any accredited two-year or four-year educational institution located within the United States. Interested applicants may download an application form given on the official page of this scholarship. Once they are done with completing the application form, they can send their entry via mail to the organization. The mail address and detailed information regarding the application process can be found in the how to apply section below. Through this scholarship, you can get the financial support that you need to fulfill your educational dreams and establish a successful career in ornamental horticulture or a related field.
This program was established by Montgomery County Farm Bureau in collaboration with Mangum Family to honor Robert T. Mangum’s contributions to the horticultural, floriculture, interior landscaping & greenhouse growing industry and to the Montgomery County, MD community. Mr. & Mrs. Mangum worked with Montgomery County Farm Bureau. Mr. Mangum was a pioneer in the business of interior landscaping and ornamental horticulture and also worked on the Board of Directors.
Following are the brief details concerning the subsequent grant:
|Organization||Montgomery County Farm Bureau & Mangum Family|
|Education Level||Undergraduate and graduate|
|Subjects||Ornamental horticulture, floriculture, greenhouse growing, interior landscaping, and related studies|
|Number of Awards||N/A|
|Contest Deadline||April 01, 2022|
|Application Fees||Not required|
Who is Eligible?
If you meet the following criteria, then you may be eligible to apply:
- Applicant must be a resident of the state of Maryland.
- Applicant must be enrolled or accepted in an undergraduate or graduate horticulture, floriculture, landscape design, interior landscaping, greenhouse growing, plant science, or related curriculum in an accredited two-year or four-year institution located within the United States. (Student must carry a full-time course load during the semesters the scholarship is granted).
- Applicants must demonstrate an overall 3.0 or greater GPA in their current studies, and coursework and experience should demonstrate an interest in the horticultural industry as a whole.
- Applicant must receive excellent references from employers, and/or instructors, and/or industry contacts.
- Applicant must intend to pursue a career in horticulture, floriculture, landscape design, interior landscaping, greenhouse growing, plant sciences, or a related field. Preference is given to those intending to pursue this career in the state of Maryland.
How to Apply?
To start the application process, candidates will have to fill out an application form that should have complete and genuine information. Applicants can send the completed application form through mail at the given address:
Montgomery County Farm Bureau Mangum Scholarship Committee Attn: Bell Flowers 8947 Brookville Rd Silver Spring, MD 20910
Please make sure that all information mentioned by you in the form is accurate since the fake and incomplete information might get you disqualified from the program. So please be careful about the authenticity of the information.
This scholarship is $2000 in amount and will be awarded to those who satisfy the requirements of the program. This scholarship will aid students in lessening their financial pressure by covering educational expenses that have remained to be met. By getting this financial aid, students can give the motivational push to their learning journey, pursue their educational goals and build a successful career in the field they are interested in. This program will support them in getting rid of monetary-related challenges and motivate them to give their best in every step of their learning journey.
Send your application to get considered for this award on or before April 01, 2022. After this date, no application will be accepted for this program. So please submit your entry by this date to be selected.