The Synopsys Optical Solutions Group invites applicants to participate in the Robert S. Hilbert Memorial Optical Design Competition. The competition is open to the students who are currently enrolled in a post-secondary degree program in North America, working toward a bachelor’s, masters, or PhD.
To participate, students can enter an optical design class assignment or thesis work that uses CODE V or Light Tools. Awards totalling $4,000 will be granted.
Who May Eligible:
To eligible, the candidates must be following all the eligibility criteria:
- Must be currently enrolled in a post-secondary degree program in North America, working toward a bachelor’s, master’s, or PhD.
- The competition is limited to students who are attending North American Universities and Colleges.
- All entries completed and turned in to your professor during the current school year are eligible.
- Have not won this competition in prior years (past winners of this competition are not eligible).
How to Apply & Competitions Rules:
To apply, the applicants must download the application form through the given link:
To participate, students can enter an optical design class assignment or thesis work that uses CODE V or LightTools.
To participate applicants must submit the following:
- Your work must have been completed using CODE V® or Light Tools® software, and demonstrate knowledge of optics, optical engineering, and optical design software.
- Project/Paper may be submitted “as is”. No special format is required.
- For project reports that exceed 10 pages in length, please submit a short synopsis of your project of no more than 10 pages. Any figures included in the synopsis should be identical to those in the original project report.
- Additional CODE V or Light Tools output and explanations of how software was used in the project/paper is required if not part of the original paper. This additional information is optional if CODE V and Light Tools use is already explained in the paper.
- Professor signature required (designated space is on the entry form).
The applicants can submit their entry either email or mail as the following:
- Emailed: Project/Paper may be submitted electronically. Email your entry form, paper, and supporting files to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Mailed: A printed version, with supporting files on a CD, may also be mailed to Synopsys at:
Synopsys Optical Solutions Group,
Attn: Student Optical Design Competition,
199 S. Los Robles Avenue, Suite 400,
Pasadena, CA 91101
- Students can enter an optical design class assignment or thesis work.
- Awards totalling $4,000 are granted.
The application deadline is June 15, 2021.
If you have any question, e-mail at Hilbert_competition@synopsys.com or contact your campus representative, or call at 626-795-9101.