If you are a resident of the United States and want to get study in the University of California than you can apply for the Robert Miller Scholarship which is sponsored by the California Association of Winegrape Growers Foundation (CAWG).
The program is open for the graduating candidates who plan to take admission at the University of California in the fall of 2020-21.
The California Association of Winegrape Growers Foundation is a nonprofit public benefit corporation. It was established to conduct public education programs and fund scholarships to the California wine and winegrape industry.
Who May Eligible
To be eligible for this grant, students must be:
- Participant must be a Central Coast high school senior graduating in 2020 or a student enrolled at Alan Hancock Community College or Cal Poly, San Luis Obispo.
- Applicant must plan to major or are majoring in viticulture or enology at either Alan Hancock Community College or Cal Poly, San Luis Obispo.
How to Apply
- All the participants need to submit a 500-word essay that tells the committee about you, your financial need, your career goals, and how you plan to help your community. Addressing some or all of the following questions and statements below may assist you in writing your essay:
- Tell us about your family relationships and financial need.
- Is attending college common in your family?
- Why do you want to continue your education?
- Tell us about your extracurricular activities, community service and any work experience you may have.
- How will this scholarship make a difference in your continued education?
- What accomplishments are you most proud of?
- What are your career goals and estimated timelines to achieve these goals?
- How do you plan to give back to your community?
- Students need to complete the online application form.
The foundation provides each year either a $500 (for Alan Hancock Community College) or a $1,000 (for Cal Poly, San Luis Obispo) Scholarship will be awarded.
Application Deadline: March 06, 2020.