We are all aware of the high tuition fees of universities today. Students from financially weak backgrounds can not afford to acquire higher education. Some students do part-time jobs to compensate for their educational expenses or some drop out of school because of not having enough funds to cover their tuition fees and educational expenses. These are kinds of crises and struggles no one really talks about. But the US Department of Education has taken an initiative to help such students lessen their financial burden. They are offering financial assistance to students who are dedicated to their education and have excellent academic performance.
Robert C Byrd Honors scholarship program is a program that is federally funded and state-administered. It is specially designed to offer grants to excellent students who further promise continued excellence in post-secondary education. The US department will provide funds to your respective state education agencies and they will make scholarship awards to the most deserving and eligible students. The amount received from the following scholarship can only be used for college expenses.
US Education Department founded in 1980, works for promoting students’ achievement and training for global competitiveness by advancing educational excellence and ensuring equal access to all.
Table of Contents
Here is a brief description for you concerning the following scholarship:
|Organization||U.S. Department of Education|
|Educational Level||High school graduates|
|Number of Awards||1|
|Contest Deadline||September 15, 2021|
|Application Fees||Not required|
Who is Eligible?
Following are the eligibility requirements that need to be satisfied for participating in the following scholarship contest:
- The applicant must be a high school graduate who has been enrolled at institutions of higher education (IHE)
- The applicant must have demonstrated outstanding academic performance.
- The applicant must have graduated from a public or private secondary school or have received the recognized equivalent of a high school diploma (GED).
- The applicant must be a legal resident of the State in which he or she applies.
- The applicant must be a U.S. citizen or national, permanent resident of the United States.
- The applicant must have applied or been accepted for enrollment at an institution of higher education.
- The applicant must certify that they are not ineligible to receive assistance due to any default on a Federal student loan or other obligation.
- Any student attending a military academy is not eligible to receive the following scholarship.
How to Apply?
The interested individuals must apply directly to the state education agency (SEA) in their State of legal residence and follow their instructions for application procedures.
Students may contact the state education agency in their State of legal residence for further information.
Students can participate in the following scholarship and get their post-secondary education funded by the U.S. Department of education.
Students will consider the respective deadlines set forth by the respective SEA.