American Society for Nondestructive Testing International Service Center is delighted to announce that they are offering a scholarship to the students submitting the best original manuscript on nondestructive testing. The following scholarship is named in honor of ASNT’s past President and Honorary Member, Robert B. Oliver. When Oliver retired, his company donated a $1,000 scholarship to ASNT in his honor, which the ASNT Board then approved to use to create a larger scholarship fund, now known as the Robert B. Oliver Scholarship.The Robert B. Oliver, Scholarship provides an incentive to students currently enrolled in course work related to NDT in a program of study leading to an associate degree or post-secondary certificate at a U.S. university, college, technical school, or company whose primary workforce is education.
The Scholarship is awarded to the students submitting the best original manuscript on nondestructive testing. The submission of a manuscript means that it has not been published elsewhere and that it will not be published elsewhere while under consideration by ASNT. The manuscript should develop a concept in NDT and may be based on practical experience, laboratory work, or library research manuscripts from the scholarship recipient(s) will be copyrighted by ASNT and submitted for publication in Materials Evaluation or The NDT Technician. A complimentary copy of the journal containing published manuscripts will be provided to the student recipients. The deadline for the application submission is February 15, 2022.
ASNT exists to create a safer world by advancing scientific, engineering, and technical knowledge in the field of nondestructive testing.ASNT will identify paths for lifelong education and career development within the NDT profession including theory, application, and skills for the practitioner, engineer, and researcher.
Following is the brief description of the following scholarship:
|Organization||American Society for Nondestructive Testing International Service Center|
|Education Level||Degree students|
|Number of Awards||Not defined|
|Contest Deadline||February 15, 2022|
|Application Fees||Not required|
|Requirements||Manuscript, proof of enrolment, transcript, application form|
Who is Eligible?
Following are the eligibility requirements for the following scholarship contest:
- Students applying for the scholarship must be officially enrolled in a U.S. associate degree or certificate program which includes studies in NDT.
- The Scholarship is judged on creativity (10 points), content (50 points), format and readability (25 points), and the student’s hands-on involvement in the project (15 points). Up to three (3) recipients will be selected each year.
How to Apply?
The interested individuals are required to fill out the application given on the scholarship portal and submit it there only. Additionally, the Scholarship is awarded to the students submitting the best original manuscript on nondestructive testing. The submission of a manuscript means that it has not been published elsewhere and that it will not be published elsewhere while under consideration by ASNT. The manuscript should develop a concept in NDT and may be based on practical experience, laboratory work, or library research.
The following documents must be submitted for a nomination to be complete:
- Completed application form, signed by applicant and school official.
- Original copy of the student’s NDT manuscript.
- The manuscript must contain the title, author, and complete references.
- It is limited to 5,000 words and a maximum of 10 illustrations.
- Photographs should be high-resolution digital images.
- Photographs and line drawings, if included, must be original.
Following are the documents that need to be attached with your application form:
- The curriculum of students, showing classroom hours of NDT coursework (may attach school’s published curriculum if available).
- Transcript of grades showing all of student’s completed coursework.
- Letter from an instructor or school official verifying the student’s enrollment.
The applications submitted by you will be reviewed and judged by the selection committee and out of all, the most deserving candidates will be selected as the final recipients of the following scholarship. $2,500 will be contributed towards scholarship funds. Recipients who are not current members of ASNT shall be given a complimentary one-year student membership.
The deadline for the application submission for the following contest is February 15, 2022. No applications will be considered after this date.