Students willing to enroll themselves in the mechanical field of study have an opportunity to take advantage of the Richard McKeagan Scholarship series. The Mechanical Contractors Association of Canada has started several significant initiatives, especially for the women in the mechanical field.
The Scholarship series is committed to supporting the next generation of workers and leaders in the mechanical sector. The firm believes in encouraging education and training so that the industry can count on the best and brightest for many years to come.
The Richard McKeagan Scholarship Series is named in honor of past-CEO Richard McKeagan from the Mechanical Contractors Association of Canada (MCAC). It is supported by MCAC Associate Members and MCA partners from across Canada to provide the funding for the program.
Who May be Eligible?
To apply for the scholarship, look at the requirements given:
- Must be a Student Chapter Member or child/ward of a salaried employee of MCAC member company (company needs to be a member for at least one year)
- Applicants must be enrolled in a full-time post-secondary program leading to a degree, certificate, or diploma from an accredited Canadian university, college or apprenticeship program, with a minimum “B” average for the previous year.
- Must not otherwise receive a significant scholarship or bursary
How to Apply
All candidates must submit their application and other documents directly digitally on their online admission form. Candidates must submit their requests before the deadline to be considered eligible for the award.
- An updated resume with full name, address, contact name, and name of the college attended.
- A recent transcript
- A 500 words essay on subject ‘Describe Why You Are Deserving of a Scholarship.’
MCA Canada is offering more than $14,000 in financial aid to the deserving winners of the scholarship program towards their educational purposes and studies. The academic performance of the student will select the winners.
The application deadline for the annual scholarship will be accepted between June 1st to July 31st.