Rice University is chartered as a non-profit organization and is governed by a privately appointed board of trustees. The board consists of a maximum of 25 voting members who serve four-year terms. Rice is a member of the Association of American Universities.
Rice’s academics are organized into six schools which offer courses of study at the graduate and undergraduate level, with two more being primarily focused on graduate education while offering select opportunities for undergraduate students. Rice offers 360 degrees in over 60 departments. There are 40 undergraduate degree programs, 51 masters programs, and 29 doctoral programs.
With 16 percent Rice University acceptance rate, the University is the most selective college in Texas. The majority of enrollments are in the full-time, four-year undergraduate program emphasizing arts & sciences and professions. Rice received 18,063 freshmen applications; 2,864 were admitted (15.8%) and 1048 enrolled.
What GPA do you need to get into the Rice University?
- The average GPA at Rice University is 4.11.
- Rice University is one of many that doesn’t officially report the GPAs of its admitted students–but based on data reported from more than 1,000 schools.
Is Rice University an Ivy League school?
- Rice University is private (not-for-profit), 4 or more years school located in Houston, Texas.
- The university is situated near the Houston Museum District and is adjacent to the Texas Medical Center.
- The Rice University admissions rate for the Class of 2021 was 16%.
- The Rice University admissions committee carefully sifts through those 18,000 undergrad applications each year to find the cream of the crop.
Rice University SAT Score Analysis (New 1600 SAT)
Here’s the breakdown of new SAT scores by section:
|Section||Average||25th Percentile||75th Percentile|
What is a good ACT score for Rice University?
- The average ACT score at Rice University is 33.
- This score makes Rice University Strongly Competitive for ACT scores.
Is Rice University a prestigious school?
- Rice University is a comprehensive research university that fosters diversity and an intellectual environment that produces the next generation of leaders and advances tomorrow’s thinking.
- The President presides over a Faculty Council which has the authority to alter curricular requirements, establish new degree programs, and approve candidates for degrees.
- Rice is now a research university with an undergraduate focus.
What is Rice University Best known for?
- Rice has recently begun to offer minors in areas such as business, energy and water sustainability, and global health.
- Rice’s academics are organized into six schools which offer courses of study at the graduate and undergraduate level.
- There is a high graduate coexistence with the comprehensive graduate program and a very high level of research activity.
How much does it cost to go to Rice University?
2018-2019 Cost of Attendance
- Tuition: $46,600
- Fees: $745
- Room and Board: $14,000
- Books: $1,200
- Personal Expenses: $2,600
- Total Cost: $65,145
What majors are Rice University known for?
- It is well known for its engineering, music, and architecture programs.
- Rice has one of the best materials science programs in the country and has a great reputation for its nanotechnology research.
- Undergraduates at Rice can select from over 50 majors and 25 minors, and the university offers its students the flexibility to pursue several multiple degree programs.
How much is tuition at Rice University?
- The 2018 undergraduate tuition & fees of Rice University are $45,608 for their students and the 2018 graduate school tuition & fees are $38,381.
- For the academic year 2017-2018, undergraduate tuition & fees at Rice University is $45,608.
- The undergraduate 2018-2019 estimated tuition & fees at Rice University is $47,363.
- This cost is estimated based on the cost change rate of last year.
Is Rice University a public or private school?
- William Marsh Rice University is a private research university located on a 300-acre (121 ha) campus in Houston, Texas, United States.
- The university was very close to making a list of the 20 most selective colleges and universities in the entire country.
- Each year, Rice releases the demographic information of its incoming freshman class.
- This year Rice received over 18,000 applications (for the incoming Class of 2022)–so with a total student body of 3,893 undergrads, and a matriculating freshman class of around 1,000, they have to be pretty darn selective.
What is the SAT score required for Rice University?
What are the SAT requirements for students to be admitted to Rice University?
- The average SAT score composite at Rice University is 1510.