Founded in 1877, Rhode Island School of Design stands out among the world’s preeminent colleges of art and design. It has consistently been ranked among the best educational institutions in the world for art and design. It offers 16 undergraduate majors and 17 graduate majors. RISD’s culture of critique is based on constructive and mutually supportive conversations.
With 37.2% Rhode Island School of Design acceptance rate, RISDa highly competitive school to get into with a lesser chance of acceptance for qualifying applicants. About 2,014 undergraduates and 467 graduate students enroll from all over the United States and 57 other countries.
Table of Contents
What GPA do you need to get into Rhode Island School of Design?
- The average GPA at the Rhode Island School of Design is 3.5.
- This makes Rhode Island School of Design Strongly Competitive for GPAs.
- With a GPA of 3.5, Rhode Island School of Design requires you to be around average in your high school class.
Rhode Island School of Design SAT Score Analysis (New 1600 SAT)
Here’s the breakdown of new SAT scores by section:
|Section||Average||25th Percentile||75th Percentile|
What is a good ACT score for Rhode Island School of Design?
- The average ACT score at Rhode Island School of Design is 28.
- This score makes Rhode Island School of Design Moderately Competitive for ACT scores.
How much does it tuition & Cost to go to Rhode Island School of Design?
2018-19 estimated costs of education
|Academic and technology fee||$800||$800|
|Estimated housing and dining||$13,400||$17,230|
|Estimated books and supplies||$2,700||$3,965|
|Estimated total cost of education||$70,560||$76,280|
What majors is the Rhode Island School of Design known for?
- The most popular majors at Rhode Island School of Design include: Illustration, Industrial and Product Design, Graphic Design, Film/Video and Photographic Arts, Other, and Painting.
- RISD’s library offers a wide range of specialized resources in art, design, architecture and more in a beautifully redesigned historic grand banking hall.
- Students interested in honing their writing skills for academic papers and professional development find peer tutoring and other welcomed support outside a classroom setting.
Is Rhode Island School of Design a public or Private school?
- Its community of critical thinkers and maker’s shares a belief in the value of hands-on learning, experimentation and an ever-evolving approach to an immersive, discipline-based studio educationrein forced by studies in the liberal arts.
- The mission is to educate its students and the public in the creation and appreciation of works of art and design.
- Students appreciate direct access to lectures, concerts, screenings and a rich collection of more than 90,000 works of fine art, design and decorative arts from around the world at this popular regional destination.
- Students are invited to propose and curate groups hows for this vibrant gallery, which is ideally located at the entrance to theRISD Museum.
- The university discovers and transmit knowledge and to make lasting contributions to a global society through critical thinking, scholarship, and innovation.
- As RISD’s primary venue for exhibiting graduate student work, this inviting space downtown hosts a series of ever-changing exhibitions throughout the academic year.
- Approximately 2,480 students from around the world are engaged in liberal arts studies and rigorous, studio-based learning RISD.
- Each year more than 5,800 children and adults also access our specialized studio facilities through RISD|CE courses.
What SAT score is required for the Rhode Island School of Design?
- The average SAT score composite at Rhode Island School of Design is 1350.