American Association of University Women (AAUW) is delighted to announce Research Publication Grant in Engineering, Medicine, and Science. These Grants are open to women scholars conducting basic research in engineering, medicine, or physical or biological sciences.
The purpose of the grant is to increase gender equity in engineering, medicine, and science. To overcome gender bias in these lucrative fields, AAUW is providing funding for women scholars to strengthen their publication records in preparation for obtaining tenure and other promotions.
Who May Eligible:
To eligible, the candidates must be following all the eligibility criteria:
- Grants are open to women scholars conducting basic research in engineering, medicine, or physical or biological sciences.
- Applicants must hold a doctorate degree in engineering, medicine, or the physical or biological sciences.
- The grants are for tenure-track, part-time, and temporary faculty, as well as new and established researchers at universities.
How to Apply & Competition Rules:
To win the competition you need to do register through the given link:
- Grants are not open to previous recipients of any AAUW national fellowship or grant (not including a branch or local awards or Community Action Grants).
- Members and officers of the AAUW Board of Directors are not eligible to apply for fellowships and grant awards.
- AAUW staff or volunteers with decision-making authority who wish to apply for an award must recuse themselves from the decision-making process.
- AAUW follows the National Science Foundation’s definition of basic research: “activity aimed at acquiring new knowledge or understanding without specific immediate commercial application or use.”
- The grantee must plan to publish this research in a scholarly scientific publication within six months of the end of the grant year and be listed as the sole author, senior author, first author, or an author of equivalent significance.
- Tenured professors are not eligible.
- Applicants may not apply for another AAUW national fellowship or grant in the same year.
- Complete all required components in the following tabs.
- Eligibility: Applicants must pass the eligibility quiz to be reviewed by the selection panel.
- Provide three recommenders who are the applicant’s advisers, colleagues, or others well acquainted with her project or work.
- Standardized or form letter recommendations are discouraged.
- AAUW does not accept references from dossier services.
- Proof of degree: Transcript(s) or original letter showing proof of doctorate degree in engineering, medicine, or the physical or biological sciences
- Project institution letter: Letter from the proposed institution where you will conduct your project that indicates you have approval from the institution and the authority with whom the work will be done to conduct the research and have an institutional affiliation, laboratory or office space, and library privileges during the grant year
- A certified English translation is required for all components provided in a foreign language. Translations must bear a mark of certification or official signature that the translation is true and complete.
- All transcripts provided must include the applicant’s full name, the school’s name, all courses, and all grades, as well as any other information requested in the application instructions.
- The applicants have an opportunity to win $10,000-$35,000.
- Note: Payment of the final 10% of the funds will be contingent upon publication of research results within six months of the end of the grant year.
Deadline for online submission of application, recommendations, and supporting documents is December 1, 2018, by 11:59 p.m. Central Time.