Rensselaer is home to one of the most powerful university-based supercomputers in the world. It is highly recognized internationally for its engineering and computing programs and has been ranked within the top six universities in the United States for the highest median earnings of recent alumni.
The university offers over 145-degree programs in nearly 60 fields that lead to bachelors, masters, and doctoral degrees. It is well recognized for its degree programs in engineering, computing, business and management, information technology, the sciences, design, and liberal arts. RPI is organized into six main schools which contain 37 departments, with emphasis on science and technology.
With over 20,000 applications received, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute acceptance rate is 41.9%. Rensselaer’s enrollments are 7,442 total resident students, including 6,200 undergraduate and 1,242 graduates. At RPI 7,500 students and nearly 100,000 living alumni. Rensselaer has 475 facilities used for academic classrooms, studios, and teaching laboratories.
What GPA do you need to get into the Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute?
- The average GPA at RPI is 3.87.
- This makes RPI Extremely Competitive for GPAs.
- With a GPA of 3.87, RPI requires you to be near the top of your class, and well above average.
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute SAT Score Analysis (New 1600 SAT)
Here’s the breakdown of new SAT scores by section:
|Average||25th Percentile||75th Percentile|
What is a good ACT score for the Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute?
What are the ACT requirements for prospective students to get into RPI?
- The average ACT score composite at RPI is 30.
How much does it Cost to go to the Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute?
COST OF ATTENDANCE 2018-19
- Tuition: $52,550
- Fees: $1,329
- Room and Board: $15,260
- Books, Personal, and Supplies: $2,858
- Total: $71,997
In addition, all students are required to have a laptop for their coursework. Students may purchase one from Rensselaer at an approximate cost of $1,500.
- Tuition: $52,550
- Fees & Insurance: $2,890
- Estimated Living Expenses: $14,249
- Books and Supplies: $2,950
- Total: $72,639
Part-time tuition for Troy-based graduate students: $2,125 per credit hour.
What are the majors at the Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute is known for?
- The most popular majors at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute include Engineering; Computer and Information Sciences and Support Services, Business, Management, Marketing, and Related Support Services, Engineering Technologies and Engineering-Related Fields, and Mathematics and Statistics.
- RPI has a highly ranked engineering program. The school also uses its scientific specialties to offer unique accelerated programs such as the B.S. /M.D. Physician-Scientist Program, completed in seven years, and the B.S. /J.D. in Science, Technology and Society Law, which takes six years to finish.
How much is tuition at the Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute?
- The 2018 undergraduate tuition & fees of Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute are $52,305 for their students and the 2018 graduate school tuition & fees are $53,757.
- For the academic year 2017-2018, undergraduate tuition & fees at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute is $52,305.
- The undergraduate 2018-2019 estimated tuition & fees at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute is $53,858.
- This cost is estimated based on the cost change rate of last year.
- Full-time graduate tuition is $34,900 per academic year.
- Part-time graduate tuition is paid on a per-credit-hour basis of $1,454 per credit hour.
Is Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute a public or private school?
- Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute is a private research university and space-grant institution located in Troy, New York, with two additional campuses in Hartford and Groton, Connecticut.
- Rensselaer is committed to providing an education that produces graduates known for their intellectual agility, multicultural sophistication, and global view.
- Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute is also highly recognized internationally for its engineering and computing programs and has been ranked within the top six universities in the United States for the highest median earnings of recent alumni.
- Rensselaer has established six areas of research as institute priorities: biotechnology, energy and the environment, nanotechnology, computation, and information technology, and media and the arts.
What is the SAT score required for the Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute?
What are the SAT requirements for students to be admitted to Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute?
- The average SAT score composite at RPI is 1420.