As the world’s leading marketplace of book publishing talent, Reedsy is passionate about nurturing the next generation of fiction authors. Hence, they are pleased to announce the inaugural Reedsy Creative Writing Scholarship.
The program is a biannual award for writers and novelists in further education. The scholarship program is designed to award a student whose writing displays a clear and unique voice with the potential to thrive in the competitive literary landscape.
The winners of the Reedsy Scholarship program will receive a $1,000 grant towards their studies such as tuition and other education-related expenses.
Who May Eligible:
To be eligible for the Reedsy Creative Writing Scholarship, applicants must be:
- United States, Canada or Australia Citizens or Permanent Residents; and
- Accepted to, or currently enrolled in an accredited college, university, or graduate program within the United States, Canada or Australia.
How to Apply & Competitions Rules:
To apply, your application must include the first chapter (1,500 to 7,500 words) of an original novel you are currently writing, or have written but not yet published.
All applications must be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include:
- Your name, address, and contact number;
- The name of the college or university you are attending or planning to attend;
- Your sample chapter attached to the email in .doc or .docx format with a written introduction. Google Doc links and PDFs will not be accepted.
Note: Five finalists will be selected from each application pool. If your submission is shortlisted, a blurb about your novel will be featured on our scholarship page.
Awarded twice a year, successful candidates will receive $1,000 towards educational expenses and be eligible for further sponsorship from Reedsy while they develop as a writer.
- The scholarship must be applied to tuition and other education-related expenses.
- A wire transfer for $1,000 will be made payable to the recipient’s educational institution directly.
To be considered for the spring semester scholarship, applications must be received by February 21, 2019. September 21, 2019, is the deadline for the fall semester scholarship.
If you have any questions regarding the competition process, contact at P: +442031089367, USA: +1 (407) 233-3331, email@example.com