Applications are open for the Ramblers Scholarship introduced by the New York Ramblers. The program is open for the athletes who are self-identified lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender or intersex and also graduating high school student.
The purpose of the award is to support the relevant community of people who are engaged in sports. The financial aids provided by the organization will be sufficient for the recipients to continue their higher education.
The New York Ramblers is the world’s first organized openly-gay soccer club. It provides a safe space for gay men, who enjoyed the sport, to meet and socialize outside of the traditional settings of bars and clubs.
Table of Contents
Who May Eligible?
The below-mentioned criterion is to be followed to apply for the scholarship:
- Must be an athlete (all sports and athletic activities qualify)
- Must be self-identified lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, or intersex person; or a demonstrated and committed ally
- Must be a graduating high school student who plans to attend a recognized undergraduate college or university in the United States OR is an already matriculated US undergraduate college student
- Must be between the age of 15- and 21-years-old (depending on age at the time of high school graduation)
How to Apply
The application form for the scholarship is provided on the same main page of the program. The students should fill the form along with the details to get considered.
- Must submit five brief essays
- Two letters of recommendation
- List of relevant honours and extracurricular activities
- Copy of official transcripts
The Awardees of the program will get to receive a one-time scholarship which will include up to two scholarships of $2,500 each will be awarded publicly each summer.
The application deadline to provide your supplemental documentation is given 1st June 2020.