The Minnesota Purple Ribbon Livestock Auction is accepting applications for its “The Purple Ribbon Livestock Auction Scholarship” open for the year 2020. The awards are available for the undergraduate students working toward a post-secondary degree at an accredited college or university.
The 4-H Auction Committee created the awards to let young people attend the college of their choice without facing any of the financial hurdles in their way. Several numbers of recipients will get to receive economic help towards their educational purposes.
The Minnesota Purple Ribbon Livestock Auction combines of prize-winning animals owned by outstanding young livestock exhibitors throughout the state. The fast-moving tempo of this exciting event features the youthful exhibitors with their purple ribbon lambs, goats, hogs and steers and the chant of the auctioneers, enthusiastic buyers, and their rewarding bids.
Who May Be Eligible?
Enthusiastic applicants must meet up the following eligibility criteria:
- Students must be an undergraduate working toward a post-secondary degree at an accredited college or university.
- Candidates must have completed high school by 2020 or earlier and be attending college for the 2020/2021 school year.
- Must be a bona fide Minnesota 4-H member during the year of application.
- The applicant may receive an auction scholarship once; previous recipients are ineligible.
How to Apply
The 4-H Auction Committee will be receiving applications through the mail. Eligible and interested students are asked to download a pdf application form and return it to Steve Pooch MLBA Secretary 18950 Langly Ave. N. Marine on St. Croix, MN 55047 to get consideration.
- Must summarize the 4-H livestock projects you were enrolled in. You must list projects, project growth, the leadership you have given, etc. Up to two (2) additional pages may be sent with the application.
- No materials will be returned to you.
- Must state what other activities were you involved in your high school and community?
- Must describe why you are interested in pursuing a college education
- Must enclose a photo of yourself when submitting the application
- When mailing, do NOT use any postal services that require a signature upon delivery.
The Minnesota Purple Ribbon Livestock Auction rewarded forty-one scholarships in 2019 to deserving scholars through the “Purple Ribbon Livestock Auction Scholarship”. The funds will be decided by the committee based on the received auction.
The application deadline is August 1, 2020, at 4:30 p.m. to get consideration.