Purdue University is a public research university in West Lafayette, Indiana, and is the flagship campus of the Purdue University system. Purdue is recognized for academic excellence, meaningful research, and graduate achievement. Purdue has 18 intercollegiate sports teams and more than 900 student organizations.
The main campus in West Lafayette offers more than 200 majors for undergraduates, over 69 masters and doctoral programs, and professional degrees in pharmacy and veterinary medicine. Purdue offers both undergraduate and graduate programs in over 211 major areas of study and is well known for its competitive engineering curricula.
With 56% Purdue University acceptance rate, Purdue’s West Lafayette, Indiana, the campus offers a diverse student population from all 50 states and nearly 130 countries. 8,562 students from 126 different countries around the world came to Purdue University last year. Twenty-two percent of the student body is international, representing 126 countries.
What GPA do you need to get into the Purdue University?
- The average GPA at Purdue is 3.72.
- With a GPA of 3.72, Purdue requires you to be above average in your high school class.
- If you’re currently a junior or senior, your GPA is hard to change in time for college applications.
Is University of Purdue University an Ivy League school?
- In the literal sense of “Ivy League,” no.
- Purdue is not a member of the official East Coast university sports conference that bears the formal name “Ivy League”.
- However, in its, popular use, the term “Ivy League” refers to national universities that offer elite, high-quality education. Arguably, Purdue may be Ivy League in this sense.
- The university is selective and accepts over half of all applicants.
- Purdue University is a public, comprehensive institution.
Purdue University SAT Score Analysis (New 1600 SAT)
Here’s the breakdown of new SAT scores by section:
What is a good ACT score for the Purdue University?
What are the ACT requirements for prospective students to get into Purdue?
- The average ACT score at Purdue is 28.
- This score makes Purdue Moderately Competitive for ACT scores.
How much does it Cost to go to the Purdue University?
Estimated Cost of Attendance, 2018-19
The cost of attending Purdue University varies depending on factors such as where a student chooses to live, travel expenses, food costs, enrollment in a specific program or college/school, etc.
Below are estimated costs for the 2018-2019 academic years (two semesters of full-time enrollment).
Other Estimated Expenses
What are the majors at the Purdue University is known for?
- It’s worth noting that in an addition to its very popular business majors, Purdue’s education degrees have very high national rankings.
- As you might expect, Purdue University’s best-known majors are its most popular ones. Purdue’s various degree paths in business and engineering attract the most students and attract the most national attention.
- The university also offers 19 master’s degree programs offered exclusively online, including for subjects like aviation management, communication, computer science, construction management, education, economics, and engineering.
How much is tuition at the Purdue University?
- The 2018 undergraduate tuition & fees of Purdue University-Main Campus are $9,992 for Indiana residents and $28,794 for out of State students and the 2018 graduate school tuition & fees are $9,992 for State residents and $28,794 for others.
- For the academic year 2017-2018, the undergraduate tuition & fees at Purdue University-Main Campus is $9,992 for in-state and $28,794 for out-of-state students.
- The undergraduate 2018-2019 estimated tuition & fees at Purdue University-Main Campus is $9,982 for in-state and $28,784 for out-of-state students.
Is Purdue University a public or private school?
- Purdue University in West Lafayette is one of the top-rated public universities in the country.
- Its students and alumni enjoy a global network of leaders in business, healthcare, science, technology, education, the arts, agriculture, communication, politics and much more.
- Purdue’s aviation technology and aeronautical engineering programs remain among the most competitive aviation-specific programs in the world.
- Purdue University hosts one of the nation’s largest Greek communities, with approximately 6,000 students participating in one of the roughly 40 men’s fraternities or 30 women’s sororities.
- Students at Purdue participate in more than 900 student organizations that cover a variety of interests.
What is the SAT score required for the UNC-Chapel Hill?
What are the SAT requirements for students to be admitted to Purdue University-Main Campus?
- The average SAT score composite at Purdue is 1300.