Applications are open for PSL Postdoctoral Fellowships in astrophysics at Paris Observatory funded by Université PSL. These Fellowships are open to applicants from any nationality. Only research plans developed in coordination with a team from Paris Observatory will be eligible.
The positions are funded for one year, renewable for a second year on the basis of satisfactory performance. The gross monthly salary for a full-time position amounts to roughly 2,630 €. Successful candidates will also benefit from the attractive French system for full health insurance and retirement pension.
PSL is a new university, comprising nine research and higher education member institutions and Paris Observatory is one of the largest astronomical centers in the world.
Who May Eligible:
To eligible, the candidates must be following all the eligibility criteria:
- Fellowships are open to applicants from any nationality.
- Only research plans developed in coordination with a team from Paris Observatory will be eligible.
How to Apply & Competitions Rules:
To participate, the applications must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Successful applicants will be expected to conduct research related to the priorities of the Paris Observatory laboratories, of the Virtual Observatory Paris Astronomical Data Centre, and to the themes and programs highlighted by the Paris Observatory Scientific Council for the 2019 – 2023 period:
- Solar physics and heliosphere
- Solar system
- Exoplanets and conditions for life
- Stellar physics
- The Galaxy
- Cosmology, galaxy formation, and evolution
- Interstellar medium
- High-energy astrophysics, compact objects, Active Galactic Nuclei
- Fundamental physics and gravitational waves
- High-performance computing in astrophysics
- Laboratory physics and astrophysics.
- Send them:
- A CV (including date of birth)
- A two-year research program including a plan for the first year – limited to a maximum of 4 pages
- A complete list of publications and a separate list of first-author publications
- The Ph.D. certificate or, if not yet earned, the date of defense
- A support letter from the hosting team
- The application must consist of a single pdf file whose size may not exceed 2 Mbytes.
- Two letters of reference must be sent directly by scientists outside of the Paris Observatory to the same address.
- An approval letter by the director of the hosting laboratory must be sent directly to the same address.
- All documents must be drawn up in English.
- The gross monthly salary for a full-time position amounts to roughly 2,630 €.
- Successful candidates will also benefit from the attractive French system for full health insurance and retirement pension.
Applications have to be submitted until November 18, 2018.