Apply for the Prusch Farm Park Foundation Scholarships. The program is conducted for the applicants enrolled as a full-time upper-division student in a U.S. university or college with a major in agriculture or a related field.
The award is designed to motivate and assist talented students in their higher education’s cost. The recipients of the program will be able to complete their studies without any financial hurdles hitting across.
Prusch Farm Park Foundation is an IRS approved non-profit corporation and work with Park staff through an agreement with the City of San Jose. It was established in 1982 to support Emma Prusch’s wishes that her farm remains an agricultural preserve.
Who May Eligible?
The students are asked to review the eligibility requirements before applying:
- Must be enrolled as a full-time upper-division student in a U.S. university or college with a major in agriculture or a related field.
- Must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.5 (based on a 4.0 scale) calculated through the last quarter or semester before application.
- Must be a Santa Clara County, high school graduate.
How to Apply
The complete application packet is to be sent electronically via email to PruschFarmPark@gmail.com to get consideration for the program.
- Must submit a one-page essay stating your personal interest and experience in the field of agronomy, including past clubs, organizations and how you would like to contribute to the area of agriculture in the future.
- This essay is key to your application (worth 40%); therefore, the more information, personal history and insight you can share the better.
- Must provide transcripts from all colleges or universities you have attended. Unofficial transcripts or photocopies are acceptable but must be legible.
- Must mention at least two letters of recommendation from at least one college or university faculty member and another from someone involved in the field of your major, or industry professional.
The Prusch Farm Park Foundation will be awarding a maximum of three $1,000 scholarships to three upper-division students studying in the field of agriculture.
The application deadline is June 30, 2020.