In collaboration with NASA, SciArt Exchange is now presenting the Project Mars International Art and Film Competition. The competition is open to all college students and recent graduates with fewer than 5 years of experience in the film or graphic arts industry. Through the contest, students have a chance to tell the story of the human exploration of deep space.
Project Mars invites college students and early career professionals to learn about NASA’s deep space endeavors, including the Orion spacecraft, Space Launch System rocket and deep space gateway concept, and create their visualization of what this expedition may look like.
Who May Eligible:
To eligible, the candidates must be following all the eligibility criteria:
- The competition is open for college students and early career professionals.
- For the purposes of this contest, an early career professional is one who has less than 5 years of experience in the film or graphic arts industry.
How to Apply & Competitions Rules:
To participate, the applicants must submit an application online form through the given link: https://contest.sciartexchange.org/project-mars-2018/entry_form/
Requested submission information will include:
- Key Point of Contact for entry
- School Name & Faculty/Staff Point of Contact and Contact Information (if applicable)
- Each Team Member’s Name and Contact Information
- Film or Poster Entry Title
- Statement of Originality – 400 words or less.
- Describe motivation, storyline, and/or messages of art, etc. and provide credits for borrowed or heavily-sourced material.
- Signed Agreement form for EACH team member.
- For anyone under age 18, the agreement must be signed by a parent or guardian. Preview the agreement.
- Submit password protected Vimeo or YouTube links for your film.
- Submit your poster in PDF format.
- Reduce your poster size to 25mb before submitting.
- You may use NASA images, videos, and 3D models in your projects.
- Videos can be submitted as private Vimeo or YouTube links.
- Winning entries will need to be provided at the following settings:
- Duration: 2 to 5 minutes
- Resolution: 1920×1080
- Frame rates: 29.97, 24, or 25
- Bitrate: 20Mbs
- Codec: H.264
- Sound Codec: AAC-LC
- Audio sample rate: 48 KHz
- Audio bitrate: 320 kbps
- Posters should be submitted as PDF Files optimized for on-screen
- Winning entries will need to be provided as full resolution printable files.
- Standard on a sheet size of 27″ x 41″
- Raster images may be used for poster elements.
- Images should be no smaller than 150 dpi.
- Rasterized typography should be 300 dpi or greater.
- All fonts should be converted to outlines prior to submission.
Film: Three prizes will be awarded in the film category:
- Grand Prize -$10,000
- Judge’s Prize -$5,000
- Judge’s Prize -$5,000
Poster: Eight prizes will be awarded in the poster category:
- First place- 1 X $1,500
- Second place- 2 X $1,000
- Third place- 5 X $500
The application will close on Friday, August 31, 2018, 11:59 PM (23:59 GMT -4)