Grab a tremendous chance to apply for the Mary Székely Scholarship for Women in STEM. The program is introducing by the Progress Software Corporation.
The purpose of organizing this award is to provide support to women who have a love for math and computer science-related field. The one deserving and passionate female candidate will attain a valuable amount of scholarship to accomplish her dreams.
Progress Software Corporation works as an American publicly held company and is located in Bedford, Massachusetts. Its main work is to offer technology to develop and deploy business applications. The company has a team of 1500 employees and offices in 16 countries.
Who May Eligible?
Interested candidates are asked to fulfil the given requirements:
- Must be a female or identify as female.
- Must be planning to study in computer information systems, software engineering, IT or computer science.
- Must be a high school senior or high school graduate planning to enrol OR a student currently enrolled in an accredited university, college, community college or trade school.
- Must have a cumulative high school unweighted GP of 3.2 on a 4.0 scale above (or it’s equivalent) to qualify.
- Must have a desire to make a meaningful contribution to the field of computer information systems, software engineering, IT and computer science.
- Must be a Massachusetts resident.
- Must be U.S. citizens or permanent residents eligible for federal financial aid.
- Must include personal attributes that exemplify Mary Székely’s qualities.
How to Apply
Ideal candidates can apply for the scholarship via creating an online account and submitting their required correspondence to get considered.
- Must submit one long of 500 words and one short essay on 300 words on the topics mentioned on the site.
- A High School Transcript
- Standardized Test Scores
- A Letter of Recommendation from a teacher describing the student’s passion and commitment to achieving their goals in STEM
- A Resume
The Progress Software will provide one four-year renewal scholarship award up to $10,000 annually to a deserving female student from Massachusetts.
The complete applications must be submitted until March 20, 2020, by 5 pm by the candidates.