Culture Resource is pleased to launch the open call for the 2019 round of the Production Awards program. The program is open to the applicants who must be between 15 and 35 years old as of 1 January 2018 and from an Arab country, regardless of ethnic background, citizenship status or whether they reside in the Arab region or abroad.
This Awards program supports artists and writers from the Arab region, below the age of 35, by offering grants to enable them to produce their first creative projects. This round offers 20 grants of up to $10,000 for projects in literature, music, performing arts and visual arts and of up to $15,000 for projects in cinema and video.
Who May Eligible:
To eligible, the candidates must be following all the eligibility criteria:
- Applicants must be between 15 and 35 years old as of 1 January 2018. Applications submitted by individuals, not in this age bracket will be discarded.
- Applicants must be from an Arab country, regardless of ethnic background, citizenship status or whether they reside in the Arab region or abroad.
- The application is open to artists of all disciplines: Performance arts, visual arts, literature, music, cinema/video, etc.
How to Apply & Competition Rules:
To win the competition you need to do register through the given link:
- The application must be submitted by: a film director for projects in the cinema/video category, a theatre director, choreographer or dance performance director for the performing arts, and a writer for the literature production award, a musician or performer for the music category, and the main artist or curator for the visual arts.
- The applications must be completed in Arabic on the form available on the application’s website.
- Applicants under the age of 18 must include with their application a copy of their birth certificate, a letter of approval signed by a parent or guardian, and a copy of the identity card/passport of that parent/guardian.
- Applicants must attach a detailed budget projection, in the local currency of their country, for the project they plan to carry out.
- Applicants must include a detailed CV.
- They should also include a photocopy of their identity card or passport.
- Applicants may not apply for support for more than one project, whether in a single discipline or more than one discipline.
- Work on the proposed project cannot begin before one month after the results are announced as the program does not cover project expenses incurred prior to the announcement of the results.
- The program offers grants of up to $10,000 for projects in the following categories: literature, performing arts, visual arts and music.
- In the cinema/video category, the program offers grants of up to $15,000.
- In literature, performing arts, visual arts and music the total projected budget for the proposed project must not exceed $20,000
- In the cinema/video category, the amount of the projected budget for the proposed project is open.
- Should the applicant have another funding source, he/she must clarify this in the application form and in the projected budget for the proposed project.
- Applications that are incomplete or lack the necessary attachments and supporting documents will not be considered.
- The Production Award program does not cover the reproduction of a project that has been previously produced or presented, or a project in the following domains: websites, workshops, and support for entities or organizations, research.
- Applications will not be accepted from previous recipients of Culture Resource production awards until three years have elapsed after they received their previous grant.
- Grants of up to $10,000 are available for projects in literature, music, performing arts and visual arts and
- up to $15,000 for projects in cinema and video.
The deadline for application is December 7, 2018, until 5:00 pm Beirut time.
If you have further question, contact the Production Awards team: email@example.com