University of California (UC) invites applications for the President’s Postdoctoral Fellowship Program to encourage outstanding women and minority Ph.D. recipients to pursue academic careers at the University of California.
The current program offers postdoctoral research fellowships, professional development and faculty mentoring to outstanding scholars in all fields whose research, teaching, and service will contribute to diversity and equal opportunity at UC.
The goal of the program is to provide research opportunity and career development for scholars whose work will enhance the diversity of the academic community at the University of California.
Table of Contents
Who May Eligible:
To eligible, the candidates must be following all the eligibility criteria:
- Applicants must hold or receive a Ph.D. from an accredited university before the start of their fellowship.
- Applicants who have the potential to contribute to higher education through their understanding of the barriers facing underrepresented groups of people.
- Individuals granted deferred action status under the Deferred Action for the Childhood Arrivals program is encouraged to apply.
- Applicant must obtain the sponsorship of a tenured faculty member other than their Ph.D.
- Dissertation advisor who is willing to serve as the applicant’s primary mentor.
How to Apply & Competition Rules:
To win the competition you need to do register through the given link: https://ppfp.ucop.edu/login
- Successful applicants must present documents demonstrating that they are legally authorized to work in the United States without restrictions or limitations.
- Obtain the sponsorship of a tenured faculty member other than your D. dissertation advisor who is willing to serve as your primary mentor.
- Be prepared to provide the following required documents in PDF:
- Thesis abstract – one page
- Research Proposal – 700-1,000 words (not including references and citations)
- Education and Background Statement – 500-700 words describing your personal background and contributions to diversity and equal opportunity through your academic career
- Curriculum vitae
- Writing sample – sample publication or unpublished paper, please limit to 35 pages (not including references and citations)
- Salary starting at $44,500, depending on field and level of experience.
- Also includes health insurance, paid vacation/sick leave, and up to $5,000 for research-related and program travel expenses.
The application deadline is November 1, 2018.
For more information, contact email@example.com.