- November 26, 2018
- Posted by: Study Help
- Category: International Students, Scholarships
The Imperial College London (ICL) is delighted to announce its President’s PhD Scholarships that offer an outstanding opportunity for potential PhD students. Applications are accepted from talented candidates from Imperial College London, the UK and worldwide.
The aim of this PhD scholarship program is to provide up to 50 research students with great potential the opportunity to work within their chosen research field with the support of an excellent supervisor.
If you are a high performing undergraduate or Master’s student and have a strong desire to undertake a PhD program at a world-class research institution, you could be selected to receive full tuition fees and a generous stipend for a PhD place at Imperial College London.
Who May Eligible:
To eligible, the candidates must be following all the eligibility criteria:
- Applications are accepted from talented candidates from Imperial College London, the UK and worldwide.
- There are no restrictions on nationality.
- Candidates must be among the highest achievers in their undergraduate cohort, and in receipt of, or due to receive a first class UK degree or equivalent.
- Candidates with a stand-alone Master’s qualification must have achieved a distinction or, where this has yet to have been achieved, be able to provide evidence of high performance that will lead to a distinction.
- Candidates must also hold a first class UK undergraduate degree or equivalent (integrated Masters that form part of an undergraduate degree, e.g. MEng, MSci, M.Math, are assessed by Admissions as an undergraduate qualification when determining eligibility). Candidates with multiple standalone Master’s qualifications must have achieved a distinction in the one most relevant to their Ph.D. study.
- Candidates with degrees from overseas institutions are strongly urged to determine if their scores/grades are equivalent to the relevant eligibility criteria.
- Prior to applying candidates must have made contact with a supervisor in an academic department at Imperial College London who has agreed to supervise their research project. Note that supervisors are limited to supervise one scholar at any time. Review the President’s Ph.D. Scholarships – Unavailable Supervisors page for more information.
- Please note: current registered Imperial Ph.D. students are not eligible to be considered for a President’s Ph.D.Scholarship.
- The scheme is only open to new Ph.D. applications.
How to Apply & Competitions Rules:
To apply, the applicant must submit an application for admission to study at Imperial through the online admissions system and the department will put you forward for the scholarship based on academic merit and potential.
- When prompted for a personal statement you must ensure that it consists of approx. 1000 words (maximum 2 pages) and outlines your academic and research achievements to date, explaining in brief your planned research project. The selection panel will not consider statements exceeding the 2-page You may submit updated versions of this statement if required following application submission.
- To be considered for the President’s Ph.D. Scholarship scheme, applicants must select this option in the funding section of the additional questions tab within the online application form.
- You must also meet any additional application requirements stated by your department of choice.
Successful candidates will receive the following financial support for up to 3.5 years:
- Full funding for tuition fees
- A stipend of £21,200 per annum to assist with living costs
- A consumables fund of £2,000 per annum for the first 3 years of study
- A program of bespoke opportunities and events delivered by the Graduate School
- Applicants who apply before 18 January 2019 and are awarded a scholarship will be notified by 30 March 2019.
- Applicants who apply before 22 March 2019 and are awarded a scholarship will be notified by 31 May 2019.
If you have any questions regarding the scheme please contact email@example.com.