Farms is inviting the United States, Canada, and United kingdom students enrolled in fulltime college or university programs as an undergraduate or a graduate student to apply for the Positive Impacts Environment Scholarship Contest. The students who have a precision agriculture idea that will positively impact the environment can win this contest.
This scholarship was started to give worthy student’s advantage of financial support for their education. The program will surely enhance and appreciates applicants’ interest and their ideas related to doing something for the worse environmental changes occurring.
Farms.com was started to adopt precision agriculture, reduce costs and waste, increase profit, and frame impact on human life and the environment. The farm focuses on the environmental benefits to protect the planet.
Who May Be Eligible?
The firm has set some norms for eligibility for its grant, which students need to qualify:
- Applicants must be from the United States, Canada, and the United Kingdom to be eligible for this scholarship.
- Students must be enrolled in full-time college or university to be eligible.
- Candidate must be enrolled in an undergraduate or a graduate course program.
- Applicants must have good academic performance in the previous year.
How to Apply
Interested applicants willing to apply have to submit their videos on their social media and tag the given social media accounts of the farm. As follows: Twitter: @FarmNews, @OntAg, @Agriville, Facebook: @Farmscom. Submitting a video according to the guidelines is mandatory.
- Applicant must submit their residency proof with the application.
- An acceptance letter from the college or university must be attached to the scholarship form.
- Applicants must submit their video about why they have chosen the course, how they will benefit their community and their plans. The video should also include the student’s research or thesis regarding agriculture and its positive impact on human life and the environment. Submit this video through social media (Twitter and Facebook). The video should be less than 2 minutes, and while uploading your video, use hashtag #PAGscholarship. Tag the following social media accounts on twitter: @FramsNews, @OntAg, @Agriville, and on Facebook: @Framscom.
The three winning applicant will be awarded the grant of worth YS$2,000. The winner will be invited to participate in a student panel as part of the Farm.com Precision Ag Virtual Conference in November 2020. They will get the opportunity to present their thesis ideas in more details to the farmers attending the Farms.com Virtual Precision Agriculture Conference and Trade Show
Applicants must submit their application form and videos before September 25, 2020, before 11:59 pm (Eastern Time, North America)