The Institute of International Studies (IIS) at the University of California, Berkeley is delighted to announce Pre-Dissertation Research Grant. The grant is open to the applicants who are Ph.d. students and have not yet advanced to candidacy by 08/15/2019.
The institute will grant a number of fellowships of up to $5000 to support travel, lodging, and research-related expenditures for graduate students who are conducting research away from campus.
Table of Contents
Who May Eligible:
To eligible, the candidates must be following all the eligibility criteria:
- This grant is open for Ph.D. students who have not yet advanced to candidacy by 08/15/2019.
- Preference will be given to international students who cannot apply for other sources of funding within the United States.
How to Apply & Competition Rules
To participate, the applicants must submit an online application form through the given link: https://iis.berkeley.edu/PreDissertationResearchGrantApplication
- Students should
submit the following materials in
support of their application:
- A 2-page description of the proposed research
- An unofficial UC Berkeley transcript
- A one-page travel budget
- A letter from the Department Chair or Graduate Advisor certifying that the applicant’s funding for Summer 2019 does not exceed $5000, emailed directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
- One letter of reference from a faculty member emailed directly to email@example.com.
The institute will grant a number of fellowships of up to $5000 for graduate students.
The application must be submitted by Tuesday, February 19, 2019