All the fellows who reside within the 29 Pennsylvania counties covered by PPL Electric Utilities have an excellent chance. The PPL Corporation is proudly welcoming students to apply for their worthy Power Scholars Program. Candidates should be a high school senior, graduate, current undergraduate or non-traditional student planning to enrol in full-time undergraduate study at an accredited four-year college/university for the entire upcoming academic year in Engineering, Information Technology or related majors to be eligible. Fellows should mandatorily have a minimum grade point average of 3.2 on a 4.0 scale.
This scholarship has created to reduce the educational expenses burden of the students and help them build a positive career in the respective fields of studies. The process of the programs are simple and motivates the students to achieve their academic goals overcoming all their challenges. The funds are created only to reduce the load of the expenses on the students.
The PPL Corporation is one of the leading corporations, providing incredible essential energy services to more than 10 million customers in the United States of America and the United Kingdom. The company is dedicated to an amazing service experience for their target customers, consistently ranking among the best utilities in the U.S. and the U.K. The cooperation is moreover involved in supporting the society with their philanthropic activities.
Here is the table is given here for more information about the scholarships:
|Subjects||Engineering, Information Technology or related majors|
|Number of Awards||Multiple|
|Application Deadline||March 5, 2021|
Who May Be Eligible
Take a look at the mandatory requirements you have to stand on to be eligible for the Scholarship:
- Fellows who reside within the 29 Pennsylvania counties covered by PPL Electric Utilities are eligible.
- Candidates should be a high school senior, graduate, current undergraduate or non-traditional student planning to enrol in full-time undergraduate study at an accredited four-year college/university for the entire upcoming academic year in Engineering, Information Technology or related majors to be eligible.
- Fellows should mandatorily have a minimum grade point average of 3.2 on a 4.0 scale.
- The counties included Berks, Bucks, Carbon, Chester, Clinton, Columbia, Cumberland, Dauphin, Juniata, Lackawanna, Lancaster, Lebanon, Lehigh, Luzern, Lycoming, Monroe, Montgomery, Montour, Northumberland, Northampton, Perry, Pike, Schuylkill, Snyder, Susquehanna, Union, Wayne, Wyoming, and York.
- Employees and their children and its subsidiary companies are not eligible.
How to Apply
Only the students who stand on eligibility should apply for the Scholarship. Candidates should provide all the essential elements through the application to be considered. Please make sure you the know the deadline well as late applications will not be accepted. Submit all the mandatory supporting materials with care. Any incomplete or late applications will directly be rejected.
- A current, complete transcript of grades is mandatory with the application.
Total fifteen students will be selected to award the Scholarships of worth $5000 each. The amount should only be utilized to pay the academic needs of the students like tuition, room and other costs that are related to their academic needs. These Scholarships encourage the students to achieve their academic goals and maintain a good academic record throughout their education. The process of these Scholarships is very simple.
The application will close on March 5, 2021. After this date, no applications will be accepted to award Scholarships.