Students are invited to apply for the Poster Scholarship Contest Handmade & Digital Art arranged by the Negative Population Growth. The U.S high school senior, freshman, sophomore or junior enrolled at the undergraduate program are welcomed.
The award will be providing great financial assistance to students who are in need of funds. The motive of the program is also to make people aware of the increasing population of the United States, which is a negative impact.
The Negative Population Growth holds its name as an organization in the United States, founded in 1972. It works to aware people about overpopulation issues and advocates a gradual reduction in U.S. and world population.
Who May Eligible?
To eligible, the students must be following all the eligibility criteria:
- Must be U.S. Citizens or legal permanent residents.
- Must be seniors in high school or a college freshman, sophomore, or junior enrolled in an undergraduate program for the Fall 2020 semester.
- Must be 14 years old or older.
- Must be enrolled in or attending an accredited school within the United States, or operated overseas by the U.S. government, for the Fall 2020 semester.
How to Apply
The students interested in the handmade art posters must submit their application to Negative Population Growth, P.O. Box 6480, Alexandria, VA 22306 and students interested in Digital Arts may visit the site https://npg.org/digital-2020-poster-scholarship-contest.html for their submissions.
- The contest theme is TOO MANY PEOPLE. Your art must include the statement TOO MANY PEOPLE and state the idea that they will hurt our future.
- Posters must state the overpopulation of the United States but not the world.
- Must submit separate artwork entries for each submission type (handmade or digital).
- Digital art posters should be designed in a software program like but not limited to Procreate, Corel Painter, ArtRage, Rebell 3, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Pixlr, Photopea, etc.
- Artwork must be high resolution (300dpi), professional print-ready.
- Files must be 10mb or smaller in jpg and pdf format.
- Applicant’s first and last name must be mentioned in the file name. For example, [Jane-Doe.jpg]
The Negative Population Growth is giving multiple prizes ranging from $1,000 to $3,000 for deserving students. The recipients will be able to cover their educational expenses.
The deadline to submit your Entries is 5:00 PM EST on June 15, 2020.