American Association of University Women is happily announcing their Postdoctoral Research Leave Fellowships. The US female students who are interested in completing their postdoctoral study and research has a great chance to win one of the most prized and well-known research scholarship. This grant will help students to complete their studies without having any financial crises.
The American Postdoctoral Research Leave Fellowship has an aim to increase the number of women in tenure-track faculty positions. This will promote equity for women in higher education. Postdoctoral Research Leave Fellowships will be provided to help in project study, and also spend a year pursuing independent research.
The history of the American Association of University Women mirrors the progress of women in the United States. They have collected together to open the doors for women’s career advancement and to encourage more women to pursue higher education. Their mission is subjected to gender equity, economic security, and education. This will surely empower them!
Check the below table to know more about the fellowship program:
|Organization||American Association of University Women|
|Educational Level||Doctorate degree|
|Number of Awards||1|
|Application Deadline||November 1, 2020|
Who May be Eligible?
Candidates should follow the below-given criteria before applying:
- American Fellowships are not open to previous recipients of any AAUW national fellowship or grant (not including branch or local awards or Community Action Grants).
- Members of the AAUW Board of Directors, committees, panels, task forces, and staff, including current interns, are not eligible to apply for AAUW’s fellowships and grants.
- American Fellowship candidates must be U.S. citizens or permanent residents.
- American Fellowships are open to scholars who identify as women in all fields of study.
- American Postdoctoral Research Leave Fellowship applicants must hold a doctorate classified as a research degree (e.g., Ph.D., Ed.D. D.B.A., D.M.) Or an M.F.A at the time of application.
- Tenured professors are not eligible.
- Applicants may not apply for another AAUW national fellowship or grant in the same year.
How to Apply
To fill the application form, interested candidates must create a user account. The form will be available for applicants who have a user account. All the application forms are submitted online, no paper-based applications are considered for the scholarship.
- Provide three recommendations from the applicant’s advisers, colleagues, or others well acquainted with her project or work. Standardized or form-letter recommendations are discouraged.
- Proof of degree. Submit transcript(s) or original letter showing proof of doctorate classified as a research degree (e.g. Ph.D., D.B.A., or D.M.) or M.F.A.
- Project institution form. Submit the form that indicates you have approval from the proposed institution and the authority with whom the work will be done to conduct the research and have an institutional affiliation, laboratory or office space, and library privileges during the fellowship year. No substitutions for this form will be accepted.
- A certified English translation is required for all components provided in a foreign language. Translations must bear a mark of certification or official signature that the translation is true and complete.
- All transcripts provided must include the applicant’s full name, the school’s name, all courses, and all grades, as well as any other information requested in the application instructions.
American Postdoctoral Research Leave Fellowship amount is $30,000 for the deserving candidate. The purpose is to increase the number of women in tenure-track faculty positions and promote equity for women in higher education. The selected students can use this fellowship fund for their study and research.
The Deadline for online submission of application, recommendations, and supporting documents is November 1, 2020