The Agricultural Research Service (ARS) is the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s chief scientific in-house research agency with a mission to find solutions to agricultural problems that affect Americans every day from field to table. ARS will deliver cutting-edge, scientific tools and innovative solutions for American farmers, producers, industry, and communities to support the nourishment and well-being of all people, sustain our nation’s agroecosystems and natural resources, and ensure the economic competitiveness and excellence of our agriculture. The agency’s vision is to provide global leadership in agricultural discoveries through scientific excellence.
The postdoctoral fellow will also be offered opportunities for intellectual and professional development through access to training webinars and courses through SciNet, an initiative set forth by the USDA Agricultural Research Service (ARS) to improve the USDA’s research capacity by providing scientists with access to high-performance computer clusters, cloud computing, improved networking for data transfer and training in scientific computing.
|Organization||Texas A&M University|
|Number of Awards||NA|
|Contest Deadline||September 07, 2022|
Who is Eligible?
The qualified candidate should have received a doctoral degree in relevant fields. Candidates with expertise in computational biology, spatial data analysis, bioinformatics, genomics, or population genetics are encouraged to apply.
- Previous experience in the analysis of large and complex data sets related to genomics, population genetics, and diagnostics
- Fluency in an object-oriented programming language such as python or R
- A background in computational biology, bioinformatics, or genomics
How to Apply?
A complete application consists of
- An application
- Transcript(s) – For this opportunity, an unofficial transcript or copy of the student academic records printed by the applicant or academic advisors from internal institution systems may be submitted. Click here for detailed information about acceptable transcripts.
- A current resume/CV, including academic history, employment history, relevant experiences, and publication list
- Two educational or professional recommendations
All documents must be in English or include an official English translation.
The participant will receive a monthly stipend commensurate with educational level and experience.
The deadline for online submission of the application and supporting documents is September 07, 2022