Applications are open for the Porada International Design Award sponsored by Porada Arredi Srl and POLI.design, under the patronage of ADI, the Association for Industrial Design.
The aim of the competition is to identify new innovative concepts on different types of writing desks & dressing tables, in which the use of solid wood is prevalent (although not necessarily exclusive) and which conveys the values and the identity of the Porada brand.
Table of Contents
Who May Eligible:
To eligible, the candidates must be following all the eligibility criteria:
- Professionals category – Italian and/or foreign designers working independently or employed by companies (if duly authorized by their company).
- Students category – Italian andor foreign students enrolled in Bachelor’s or Master’s degrees and recent graduates.
- Members of the Jury, their relatives, employees of Porada and POLI.design, may not take part.
How to Apply & Competitions Rules:
To win the competition, you need to do register through the given link: http://www.porada-design-award.polidesign.net/?q=en/user/register&destination=node/8
- Projects must be original and unpublished and exclusively developed for the competition.
- Each participant (or group) is permitted to submit one project only.
- Participation in the competition is anonymous.
- Each participant must create a numeric code (a six-digit number, with no digit, repeated more than twice, and not in sequence) to be used to identify the files mentioned in art. 4.
- For the Professionals category: add the letter ‘P’ as a prefix, which indicates the Professionals category.
- For the Students category: add the ‘letter S’ as a prefix, which indicates the Student category.
- The application form must contain the personal details of the participant, tax id number, home address, mobile and home telephone numbers, email address,
- An explicit declaration of having understood the rules of this competition and their unconditional acceptance and, for the Student category, the name of the university, campus, course of study and year of attendance.
- The code and/first name/s of the participant/s must be shown exclusively on the application form, no name should appear on the other documents presented, under penalty of disqualification.
Each participant (or group) must submit:
- a brief report (max 3000 characters) outlining the motivations, the general concept, design features of the project and a description of the materials required.
- The pdf file of the report is to be presented in portrait orientation on ISO-A4 paper (21 x 29.7 cm) and must be named ‘relazione_codice’.
- The header needs to exclusively contain the alphanumeric code referred to in section 2 and any name/title of the project;
- Technical drawings consisting of three boards in landscape orientation on ISO-A3 (42 x 29.7 cm), in pdf format, composed on a layout of the board, which can be downloaded from the site http://www.porada-design-award.polidesign.net.
- The boards will contain:
- Board 1: an overview, reference scenarios and modes of use, mood board, the general concept of the object in the context of use and sources of inspiration;
- Board 2: technical drawings: plans, elevations, sections, axonometric projections, exploded views, design drawings listed in the appropriate scale and specifics of the details and material choices, which are considered important;
- Board 3: representation of the object, rendering, photos of the model.
The presentation boards should be combined into a single pdf file named ‘tavole_codice’ (maximum file size of 5 Mb).
- a preview image of the project, summarizing the salient features (which may correspond to the render or another image deemed important) and it will be the first image viewed by the judges to identify the project, in jpg format (maximum file size 1 Mb).
- The file must be uploaded exclusively through the online procedure as described above (server connections for downloading files or files sent by regular or certified email will not be accepted).
The total prize money of € 10.000 will be allocated as follows:
- 1st prize: € 3.000
- 2nd prize: € 2.000
- 3rd prize: € 1.000
- 1st prize: € 2.000
- 2nd prize: € 1.200
- 3rd prize: € 800
The winning projects of the competition will also be prototyped and possibly produced by Porada at a later stage.
The new call is officially launched during the Milan Design Week 2018, as part of the award ceremony for the winning projects of the sixth edition of the competition, at the PORADA booth (hall 7, stand F33-G22) at the Salone Internazionale del Mobile in Rho, on April 18).
The entries required in digital format, without exception, must be received no later than November 9, 2018.