In respect of US veterans, John Pontius, Founder of Pontius Tax Law, PLLC, is taking this generous initiative to support students from families who have served or are currently serving our country. Pontius is organizing a scholarship contest for students to participate and benefit from this incredible opportunity. The scholarship asks you to pen down a 1,000-word essay on the given topic showing your creativity and thoughtfulness and win an outstanding amount of $1,000.
John Pontius is a proud supporter of US veterans. He has been a veteran himself, and he believes that veterans are owed a huge debt for their loyalty and service to our country. Given that, this scholarship is nothing but a tribute to the people who bravely served our country and stood loyal to our people. He is organizing this program to form a community of students from such families and know their thoughts on how being a veteran impacted their lives.
Pontius Tax Law, PLLC, the law firm established by John Pontius, headquartered in Washington, DC, and Rockville, MD, endeavors to resolve tax issues through trust, devotion, and value. Mr. Pontius is a tax law lawyer who addresses individual and business customers with delicate and genuine tax matters. His customer base is both domestic as well as international.
Here is a brief description for you concerning the following scholarship:
|Organization||Pontius Tax Law, PLLC|
|Educational level||College and graduate students|
|Number of awards||1|
|Contest deadline||November 30, 2021|
|Application fees||Not required|
|Requirements||Proof of enrolment, Resume|
Who is Eligible?
Following are the eligibility requirements that need to be satisfied for participating in the following scholarship contest:
- Employees of Pontius Tax Law, PLLC, their immediate families, and persons living in the same households as such individuals (whether related or not) are not eligible to apply.
- The Candidate must have served in the United States Army, Navy, Marines, Air Force, Coast Guard, or Reserves OR is the child or stepchild of someone who has.
- The Candidate must be an existing college student or graduate student enrolled in a two to five-year post-secondary institution for the Spring 2022 semester.
- The Candidate must be a legal resident of the United States living in one of the 50 states or the District of Columbia
- The Candidate must have a minimum GPA of 3.0 or higher and be in good overall academic standing.
How to Apply?
The interested individuals are required to write a 750-1,000 word essay on the topic “How can we better support Veterans in our community? Please provide specific examples.” The essay and the required documents are needed to be submitted through email to DC.firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications must be sent with the subject line “Pontius Tax Law, PLLC – 2021 Volunteer for Vets Scholarship Application.”
Following are the documents that need to be attached with your application to be eligible for this scholarship:
- The Candidate must submit a professional resume listing his skills and experience both in academics and professional fields.
- The Candidate must submit transcripts from their current school and official transcripts from both schools in case of transfer.
- In the case of high school graduates, a letter of acceptance must be provided with the application.
The Pontius tax law PLLC will review all the submissions and choose the most deserving one out of them. The result of the contest will come within a month of the application deadline. Once the winner is chosen, he will be notified and awarded with the one-time scholarship award of $1,000.
The last date for application submission is November 30, 2021. No applications will be considered after the deadline.