The Peking University (PKU) and the International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis International (IIASA) are calling applications for International Postdoctoral Fellowship Program 2018 -19. The fellowship is open to all international students who have received their Ph.D. no more than five years prior to the start of the appointment.
Through the program, the fellows will gain first-hand experience in applying systems analysis to real-world problems and issues. The fellowship aimed at training highly qualified early-career postdoctoral researchers to carry out research in fields of mutual interest at both PKU and IIASA.
Research fields include but are not limited to advanced methodology, technological, economic, and environmental challenges including pollution and risk analysis, energy, ecology, and ecosystems management, and natural resources including water.
Who May Eligible:
To eligible, the candidates must be following all the eligibility criteria:
- The fellowship is open to applicants of all nationalities who are highly qualified early-career researchers.
- They must have received their Ph.D. no more than five years prior to the start of the appointment.
- Each applicant must identify at least one faculty member from each institution who agrees to serve as his/her host supervisor.
How to Apply & Competitions Rules:
To apply, the applicants must download the application form and submit their application document as one PDF file by email simultaneously to the following three coordinators:
- For PKU General and Scientific Queries: Mr. Fan Deshang, Postdoctoral Affairs Office, Peking University (PKU), E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- For IIASA General Queries: Ms. Aleksandra Cofala, Postdoc Coordinator, IIASA, E-mail address: email@example.com
- For IIASA Scientific Queries: Ms. Gui-ying Cao, Senior Research Scholar, Exploratory and Special Projects, IIASA, E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applicants holding tenure or in tenure-track faculty positions are not eligible.
- The research proposal should include information on how the project will benefit from the research environments of both institutions and;
- how the proposal interfaces the fellow’s own research interests with the research agendas pursued by PKU and IIASA
- All application documents must be prepared in English and include all of the following in one PDF document:
- PKU-IIASA International Postdoctoral Fellowship Application Form
- Full CV or Resume
- Two recommendation letters (preferably including one from the applicant’s doctoral supervisor)
- An endorsement letter or e-mail from each of the envisaged postdoctoral supervisors at PKU and IIASA.
- The letter or e-mail should include detailed information on the added value of the research project and a clear statement of commitment regarding the physical and intellectual research environment that the supervisor will provide to the fellow.
- PKU will pay fellows in RMB, even when fellows are working at IIASA.
- For each fellow, a monthly stipend of 15,000 RMB will be provided.
- While at PKU, a fellow may pay to live in the PKU postdoctoral flat or choose to receive a subsidy of 3,500 RMB per month and to find their own accommodation.
- PKU will be responsible for bearing the costs of insurances for the fellow while they are at PKU. IIASA will be responsible for bearing the costs of the accommodation subsidy and health insurance for the fellow while they are at IIASA.
- Costs for relocation travel and the inaugural and subsequent exchange visits of the fellow between PKU and IIASA are borne by the receiving institution.
- The host supervisors of the fellow at PKU and IIASA are expected to cover the cost for conducting the collaborative research of the fellow and may cover extra travel expenditures.
- The Program will offer initially two (2) postdoctoral fellowships every year. Each fellowship is to be
awarded for 24 months.
All application must be received by Friday, September 14, 2018.