The University Aviation Association and Piedmont Airlines are together inviting students for their Piedmont Airlines Scholarship for Flight Training. The program is open for U.S. students pursuing an instrument, multi-engine, or commercial pilot rating.
The awards are introduced by the organizations to help out scholars in their educational journey. The recipient will receive adequate funds to accomplish their higher and quality education without facing financial crises.
The University Aviation Association is the professional organization representing all levels of the non-engineering/technology sector in collegiate aviation education. Piedmont Airlines, Inc. is known as an American regional airline operating for American Eagle.
Who May Eligible?
To eligible, the students must be reviewing the eligibility criteria:
- Must be a US resident
- Must be of age 18 years at the time of application
- Must be enrolled in a University Aviation Association member institution at the time of application
- Must hold a recent FAA private pilot certificate
- Must be pursuing an instrument, multi-engine, or commercial pilot rating
- Must be supported by an official recommendation letter from faculty
- Must be developing skills that will lead to a career as a professional airline pilot
How to Apply
Students are asked to email a PDF attachment of the application to hello-at-uaa.aero, with a subject line “Piedmont Airlines Scholarship for Flight Training”.
- Must submit an official transcript from the UAA member institution(s) attended by the applicant.
- Must submit a recommendation letter from a faculty member from a UAA member institution describing how the applicant meets one or more of the criteria for this scholarship
The University Aviation Association and Piedmont Airlines will be rewarding one deserving scholar with an award amount of $3,000 towards his/her education.
The applications are to be submitted by June 30, 2020