Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology (MIPT) is delighted to announce Phystech. International Competition 2018. It is open to every high school students graduating in 2019 or within two years. This competition is a way to up your chances of getting a government grant for studying at one of the world’s leading technical universities.
Who May Eligible:
Participation is open to every high school students graduating in 2019 or within two years.
How to Apply & Competition Rules:
To win the competition, you need to do register through the given link: https://en.phystech.international/
- Subject areas
- Register at the website and choose one or both subject areas.
- In order to start solving problems in physics or mathematics, the participant needs to click the “Begin the competition” or “Continue the competition” button in the appropriate subject at the event line.
- These buttons will be available during the online stage.
- After clicking one of them, the participant will have access to problems and will be able to fill in the answer boxes and edit them from Sept. 25 until Nov. 30, 2018.
- After that, all answers will be committed and no longer available for editing.
- Each Olympiad consists of 10 problems.
- The Olympiad is conducted in two stages. The first stage is a qualifying round held online.
- The second stage is final and will be held on site, in the cities of the participating countries.
- It spans two days, one for mathematics and one for physics. The list of countries and cities that will hold Olympiads will be listed on the website no later than December, 2.
- Participation is free, and all contestants are competing on equal terms.
- In order to participate in the final stage of the Phystech.International Olympiad, a participant has to be a first-, second-, or third-grade winner in the online stage based on the number of points gained in each of the subjects.
- The winners of the final stage of Phystech. International 2017 are invited directly to the final stage of this year’s Phystech. International, without the need to participate in the online competition.
- Participation in the Olympiads gives a chance to prove you in the field of mathematics and physics.
- For many winners, this is an opportunity to be included in the database of promising and talented students, receive diplomas.
- Olympiad winners and prize awardees will have an advantage when applying to the state grant for tuition-free education.
The application period is September 25, 2018, until November 30, 2018.