The Property and Environment Research Center is offering an opportunity to conduct research related to natural resources, innovation, property rights, and the environment. The graduate and law students can apply for this fellowship. The graduate fellows will live for two months of summer in Bozeman, Montana, and observe the land, surrounding natural environment, and the natural resources and will record all this on a paper under guidance from a PERC mentor.
The fellows participating in this program will get a stipend for working and research and will get travel allowances and expenses to Montana. The fellows will get to work under guidance which will help them in their research project; they will also be provided an office in natural beauty and so on. This will help students in making their project and seminar by discussing it with seniors or professionals who will lead them to be more confident and representative.
The Property and Environment Research Center (PERC) was founded in the year 1980 and is the home market environmentalism. Their research is dedicated to harnessing the power of market and property rights to improve environmental quality. The fellowship program grants the opportunity to students to work on their research projects in a friendly working environment and also will help them through guidance, which will lead them in proper research and bring its outcomes.
Check out the below tables to get a quick idea about this fellowship program
|Organization||Property and Environment Research Center|
|Education Level||Graduate and law students|
|Number of Awards||1|
|Contest Deadline||February 18, 2022|
|Application Fees||Not required|
Who is Eligible?
- Graduate and law students
How to Apply?
The eligible and interested applicant should make a project which will focus on natural resources and environmental issues such as water, wildlife, and land. With it, the applicant should attach a cover letter including a description of their graduate program and also stating why they want to apply for the fellowship and what they hope to get out of the experience, also provide contact information including name and email address for professional reference, a resume and description of the proposed researched project including basic background information, research questions, methodological approach, data used in collecting. All the material should be emailed to the following email id.
Following are a brief description of project requirements that should be considered while making a project:
- Project topics: The project should focus on natural resources and environmental issues such as water, wildlife, and land, also including the study of property rights and/or innovation.
- Residency: graduate fellows spend two months in residence at PERC, from mid-June to mid-august, to get a better understanding of the environment and its resources
- Presentations: Graduate fellows are expected to present two seminars at PERC to outline, report on, and summarize their research findings and outcomes
- Participation: Fellows should interact with other PERC scholars and fellows while residing there and should attend seminar presentations by other fellows throughout their stays.
- Final Project: A final research and findings paper of publishable quality is generally expected at the conclusion of a fellow’s residency. The final stipend payment will be withheld until the project is received by them, which will be no later than December 31 of the same year of the fellowship.
The applicant who will participate in the program will be selected for their project, and the deserving applicant will receive a monthly stipend as well as travel expenses to Montana. The fellows will get to work under the guidance of the PERC mentor and also will get to interact with other PERC scholars and fellows while living there and will get to attend seminar presentations through their research journey. This will help students in learning new things with other people who will expand their thinking capacity, and they will also get to consider their research project from a different point of view. The fellowship in which the fellows will work will be added to their resume as work experience and their own research, which will lead them to get a good job in the future.
The eligible and fascinated students should get their project topics ready and submit their entries no later than February 18, 2022. Delayed entries will not be accepted, and the applicant will lose this opportunity, and eventually, they will not be able to participate in this program.