Pennsylvania State University is a doctoral university considered as a publicly funded university and provides a quality education comparable to those of the Ivy League.
The Penn State offers more than 160 majors among all its campuses. It has the world’s largest dues-paying alumni association.
With 57.6% Pennsylvania State University acceptance rate, admission to Penn State is extremely competitive. Annual enrollment at the University totals more than 46,800 graduate and undergraduate students, making it one of the largest universities in the United States.
What GPA Do You Need To Get Into Penn State?
- The average GPA at Penn State is 3.6.
- This makes Penn State Strongly Competitive for GPAs.
- With a GPA of 3.6, Penn State requires you to be above average in your high school class.
Is Penn State An Ivy League School?
- Penn State University considered as providing a quality of education comparable Ivy League.
- Penn State is the only land-grant university in the state and is one of the largest universities in the US.
- Penn State is a “state-related” university, part of Pennsylvania’s Commonwealth System of Higher Education.
Penn State Sat Score Analysis (New 1600 Sat)
There’s no absolute SAT requirement at Penn State, but they really want to see at least 1630 to have a chance at being considered.
Here’s the breakdown of old SAT scores by section:
|Section||Average||25th Percentile||75th Percentile|
What Is a Good ACT Score At Penn State?
What are Penn State’s averages ACT SCORES?
- The average ACT score composite at Penn State is a 27.
Is Penn State a Prestigious School?
- Pennsylvania State University—University Park is a public institution that was founded in 1855.
- It has a total undergraduate enrollment of 41,359, its setting is a city, and the campus size is 7,958 acres.
- Penn State has another 19 commonwealth campuses and 5 special mission campuses located across the state.
What Is Penn State Best Known For?
- Pennsylvania State University famous for its most popular majors at Pennsylvania State University–University Park include: Engineering, Business, Management, Marketing, and Related Support Services, Communication, Journalism, and Related Programs, Social Sciences, and Computer and Information Sciences and Support Services.
- Pennsylvania State University, also known as Penn State or PSU, is currently ranked within the top 100 universities in the world.
How Much Does It Cost To Go To the Penn State?
Below are the most recent tuition rates and cost estimates for an academic year:
|Costs||PA Resident||Non-PA Resident|
|Tuition and Fees||$18,436||$33,664|
|Additional Estimated Costs*||$13,120-16,342||$13,120-16,342|
What Majors are Penn State Known for?
- The most popular majors at Pennsylvania State University–University Park include: Engineering; Business, Management, Marketing, and Related Support Services; Communication, Journalism, and Related Programs; Social Sciences; and Computer and Information Sciences and Support Services.
- The university offers an accelerated Premedical-Medical Program in cooperation with Sidney Kimmel Medical College.
- Penn State Online, which offers more than 60 online education programs, degrees, and certificates.
- Penn State’s World Campus offers 18 graduate degrees, 21 graduate certificates, 17 undergraduate degrees, and 11 undergraduate certificates.
How Much Is Tuition at Penn State?
What are the Penn State tuition and fees?
|Tuition and Fees||In-state: $18,436|
|Room and Board||$11,280|
|Books and Supplies||$1,840|
Is Penn State a Public Or Private School?
- The Pennsylvania State University is a state-related, land-grant, doctoral university with campuses and facilities throughout Pennsylvania.
- The university offers more than 160 majors among all its campuses.
- Penn State has eighteen colleges, including three at special-mission campuses.
- It has two law schools: Penn State Law, on the school’s University Park campus, and Dickinson Law, located in Carlisle, 90 miles south of State College.
- Only 24 Pennsylvania colleges and universities held Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business accreditation in business and only four in accounting.
What Is SAT Score Required For the Penn State?
In this guide, we’ll discuss what scores are needed for you to get admitted into Penn State.
- The average SAT score composite at Penn State is 1270.