Pennsylvania State Employees Credit Union (PSECU) is pleased to announce scholarships to members graduating high school. The PSECU scholarship is for students planning to attend a two- or four-year college or university. Candidates must be a PSECU member by December 31, 2020, to apply for this program. This scholarship will help students with exposure to new opportunities and financial help.
Pennsylvania State Employees Credit Union (PSECU) scholarship program was started to help students enrolled in college or university with their educational expenses for all the college/university years. The program ultimately promotes students’ enthusiasm to do better in their academics and maintain an excellent record during their course.
Pennsylvania State Employees Credit Union (PSECU) program began in 1997. The PSECU is a non-profit credit union founded on the belief that knowledge increases students’ potential and gives them more power to make money. This program has helped more than 100 students, going on to graduate and begin careers in medicine, education, science, communications, and another area of study. More than a half-million dollars are awarded to students in the form of scholarships to embark on their higher education.
Who May Be Eligible?
Here are the eligibility requirements you need to fall on before applying for the grant:
- The applicant should have a custodial account to be considered eligible for the scholarship. Joint account owners are not considered for the award.
- Students must be a PSECU member by December 31, 2020, to be eligible for the 2021 scholarship.
- Applicant must be attending two or four year’s community college, college, or university as a graduating senior. Students attending technical school are not considered for this scholarship.
- The college or university does not have to be in the commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should log-in to access the scholarship form. Applicants should submit a complete application form with all the necessary documents and the details pf the candidate mandatory in the form. Incomplete information and the materials will not be considered for the program. Applications sent after the deadline will not be accepted by the authority.
- The applicant should submit a recommender’s letter with the application. This letter should be from a High School counselor, and should fill-up all the necessary academic details of the applicant.
- Candidate should attach their ACT or SAT scores with the application. Other academic records and awards should be mentioned in the form.
- Applicants should submit a personal statement. This persona statement should include the applicant’s career goals, future aspirations, and extracurricular activities in which the applicant is involved.
- Individuals should also submit an essay with the application.
Pennsylvania State Employees, Credit Union Scholarship, will be awarded to six scholars. Each winner receives up to $2,000 per year for four years. The total scholarship fund received for four years is $8,000. This scholarship is provided to students to meet their educational requirements.
Application deadline for the Pennsylvania State Employees Credit Union (PSECU) Scholarship for 2021 is December 31, 2020.